Talk

Advanced search

What is low carb but won't bung me up??!

(9 Posts)
rollonthesummer Wed 22-Feb-17 21:07:32

I have a tendency to be on the constipated side of normal-(tmi I know, but think pellet poo and trapped wind confused). I need to lose a stone and I am starting to wonder if bread/wheat is doing me no favours. I did WW for 4 weeks last year and only lost 0.5lb grin. I also think I was constipated the whole time!!

What can I eat that is low in wheat/carbs but will still let me go to the loo grinblush

fueledbybacon Wed 22-Feb-17 21:08:58

After the first few weeks on low carb everything will be moving better than its ever has!

My digestive issues completely disappeared!

welshmist Wed 22-Feb-17 21:09:49

Eating fruit is an excellent way to keep going..

KatieKaboom Wed 22-Feb-17 21:15:39

The three P's: Persimmons. Prunes. Plums.

Unicorn81 Wed 22-Feb-17 21:18:16

Low carb veg or buy stool softeners like www.hawthornhealth.com/general-health-c7/all-products-c2319/discontinued-ortis-ortis-fruits-fibres-cubes-with-rhubarb-12cubes-p75350/s84109?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=ortis-fruits-amp-fibres-cubes-with-rhubarb-12cubes-851782&utm_campaign=product%2Blisting%2Bads&gclid=CjwKEAiAirXFBRCQyvL279Tnx1ESJAB-G-Qv_DW7RZKiJFngZ02VhBAb3kTbVUfy9LrtMVa95iHvPxoCWeHw_wcB

Worked well while on atkins and also ate shedloads of lettuce

LegoCaltrops Wed 22-Feb-17 21:19:39

I have the same issue. I eat a lot of salad, raw veg etc. I know regular salad, lettuce etc isn't great at this time of year, but there's lots in season & cheap. Cabbage, broccoli, carrots, squash are quite cheap. You can sprout beans in a jar on the windowsill all year round very cheaply. I have 2 of these so I always have some ready. Lots of dressings to mix up the flavours.

Also, don't just rely on land animals for protein. Fish seems (to me) to be less of an issue, pulses, chia, nuts etc are even better.

Exercise is really good for getting blood flow going around your abdomen...

BroomstickOfLove Wed 22-Feb-17 21:22:39

If you eat lots of veg with some protein sources, fruit and healthy fats, then you are unlikely to get constipated.

FinallyHere Wed 22-Feb-17 21:45:06

Spinach and broccoli with whatever protein does it for me every time. Its all the green veg consumed on a low carb diet.

BahHumbygge Thu 23-Feb-17 00:18:48

Make sure you're drinking enough water, a good 2l per day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now