Talk

Advanced search

Getting married June

(5 Posts)
Nottsangel2015 Mon 20-Feb-17 08:09:16

Hi guys. I am getting married in June, I currently weigh 16st and would like to get down to 12/13 is this doable? What diet would work best? I know I've left it so late but we are only having a small Affair and I'm not wearing some big meringue dress (am 35 so too old lol)

I'm going dress shopping in April but understand a dress is much easier to take in than let out so think I should be ok buying whatever size I can get down to by then and then getting an alteration done beginning of June if I've lost much more.

I am a total sugar addict which since I had my daughter a year and half ago has got so much worse I literally eat chocolate, cake and biscuits all day. This obviously needs to stop but I find this so hard. Any tips is it best to go cold turkey?

What diet would achieve a good weight loss without feeling too deprived?

Exercise is a bit of a struggle - I work every day and by the time I get home from work and have put kids to bed I am shattered, I have a stationary bike so intend to get on that most nights but I know that they don't do a huge amount of good weight wise. I'm only left with weekends is it just enough to only exercise at a gym at the weekend? I am very unfit so running is a no go plus I have a very large bust so not very practical either.

Any help and advice would be much welcome! We are a family (2 children, 3 at weekends) so need something that will work alongside them meal wise as well really can't afford to be cooking two separate meals for us every day.

Thank you x

LisaAlexander Mon 20-Feb-17 19:41:33

Firstly, there's no way around this sugar is toxic, 8x more addictive than cocaine, messes with your system so that a calorie is not a calorie and completely screws with the way you turn food into energy. (it will be a huge contributor to how you feel at the end of the day hint)

Start small. Small small small.

The small slight edge changes you make you'll want to keep and so you need to start with small ones and then build on them with more small ones so that it all compounds.

For sugar - I cut it out a few years ago. I identified which things were bad and I replaced them.

Chocolate I replaced with no added sugar dark chocolate from sainsburys. Once that was done, I replaced chocolate and snack bars with sugar free jelly. (I ate so much jelly). Then I replaced crisps and biscuits with nuts.

When you start to do these things, you'll find yourself: Not snacking, more energetic and for longer.

The same goes for your fitness. Small small small. If you have a bike, use it. Get your heart rate up. Start with 20 mins on a Tuesday. Try a week. Then 20 mins on a Tuesday and Thursday. Try that for 2 weeks. Then build on it.

I always found equipment realllllllllly boring. Same thing, in and out, in and out. Youtube videos get repetitive too and I get distracted searching for them. All my exercise I now do in my living room with flextv. I started with 1 a week, then after 3 weeks, 2 classes a week. Now i do 3 classes a week by myself and one with a friend.

The most important thing here is starting. Start small and keep doing what you started.

Nottsangel2015 Tue 21-Feb-17 07:16:14

Thank you for your reply, small steps sound good I think that has been my failure in the past I go all out and then fail after a few days and binge. I like the idea of swapping chocolate for dark choc that would make me feel less deprived of it I reckon and you can never eat a lot of dark chocolate in one sitting as it's so rich.

I'm not a fan of nuts unless they are of the roasted and salted variety, which of course are not the healthiesthmmI think I can cope without crisps to be fair, it's the sugar I think has me big time. And bread missing bread already and I've only done 1 day!

What is flextv? Is that on virgin or just sky? I've never seen it on my TV guide x

LisaAlexander Tue 21-Feb-17 10:21:19

Keep going :D

Bread was tough to kick, I used to eat 4 pieces of toast or more a day. But once you kick it you feel so good!

flextv is online haha not on tv smile

Nottsangel2015 Tue 21-Feb-17 17:55:08

Thanks Lisa I shall go and have a look :-) and thank you for the encouragement xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now