Talk

Advanced search

Comfort eating- alternatives??

(10 Posts)
Indigo89 Sun 12-Feb-17 16:05:21

I'm trying to lose weight after gaining 2 stone in recent years. I'm fine during the day but in the evenings I lose all willpower and eat for comfort and to feel all cosy on these miserable winter evenings.

Stay in with a film and takeaway. Biscuits or chocolate with a book. Sometimes I'm not even hungry- I just want that cosy, comforting feeling.

Anyone have any healthy alternatives? What do you do to feel cosy and busy to stop you turning to food?

OliviaBonas Sun 12-Feb-17 16:07:53

I'm the same! Options hot chocolate and popcorn?

Purplebluebird Sun 12-Feb-17 16:13:53

I play computer games and talk on voice chat with other gamers. Then I can't eat!

OliviaBonas Sun 12-Feb-17 16:47:07

I go to bed really early (dreaming of food!)

lazytuesday Sun 12-Feb-17 16:50:27

Golden syrup flavoured porridge sachets! Made with water or skimmed milk. Ive just been saying this on another thread as well lol really filling and sweet.
Popcorn is a good one as well.
If someone oreders takaway and you are trying to be healthy they usually do omlettes at most takeaways so order one of them instead.

Missbohan Sun 12-Feb-17 16:51:05

Low calorie hot chocolate.

Blazedandconfused Sun 12-Feb-17 17:04:17

Hot choc is good. Red bush tea. A load of faffy fruit and a sharp knife, on my lap.

I've started painting my nails again.

Sugar free hard boiled sweets.

Japonicathehorseygirl Sun 12-Feb-17 17:16:48

Try painting your nails

OliviaBonas Sun 12-Feb-17 17:39:00

Ice lollies
Jelly

Indigo89 Sun 12-Feb-17 17:43:11

Hot chocolate sounds a good one.

Might stew some apple too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now