Talk

Advanced search

Were you on the 2016 'lose a stone' thread - a nosy follow-up

(8 Posts)
AuntieStella Sun 12-Feb-17 14:48:09

This one

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/weight_loss_chat/2570541-anyone-out-there-need-to-lose-a-stone

which started almost exactly a year ago.

I was wondering how everyone did.

It was transformational for me. I got to my first target, kept motivated and kept going and really reached the weight I wanted to be but never thought I would get to. And I'm still there.

Anyone else?

You all really helped me, and I do wonder how you all did.

Bibs2014 Sun 12-Feb-17 22:43:18

I started that thread under my old name 😃

Got down to 10st 3 but am back up to 11 stone now.

I remember you did so well! Glad I helped someone, even if it wasn't me!!!

AuntieStella Wed 15-Feb-17 20:27:50

I had been over a decade trying and failing to lose the baby weight.

I don't know why it all came together and worked last year. I'm just really grateful it did.

Bibs2014 Thu 16-Feb-17 14:37:22

So pleased for you :D

Bibs2014 Thu 16-Feb-17 14:37:58

Any tips to pass on? :D

AuntieStella Tue 28-Feb-17 12:09:06

It is now a full year since I started the 'time to get serious about this' campaign (and joined your thread)

So having decided to try MFP, I was really meticulous about it.

It also helped me decide which foods I really liked eating and when I was just mindlessly reaching for something (changed the 'somethings'). Also put a fair amount of effort into eating more fibre.

Cutting out booze had a major effect (both in saving calories directly, but also reducing urge to thing 'sod it' and nibble cheese with it)

And the thread helped enormously - you've no idea what a difference it made. Going to a slimming group has zero appeal, but having a little corner of MN where people were chatting together really helped me.

That's why I was wondering how other people got on in the longer run. Because it was an important factor for me.

sandymcallister Tue 28-Feb-17 15:19:53

I wasn't in the thread but, decided to lose a stone in October.
Switched my diet to keto, found a Flex buddy and exercised 3 times a week with them.

Weighed myself last weekend. I'm down 1.5 Stone and my body fat is down to 19% :D

Never going back

AuntieStella Sat 04-Mar-17 11:01:10

Another thing that really helped was talking about the Whoosh and the Lag.

Highly unscientific concepts that seemed to ring true for at least some of us

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now