Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Eating less, Gillian Riley

(4 Posts)
Diemme Sun 05-Feb-17 21:06:36

I know there were a few threads about this book a couple of years ago, but I've only recently discovered it and am finding it really helpful. Is anyone else trying to follow her approach?

nell15 Tue 07-Feb-17 09:55:24

I am. How're you getting on with it?

My issue is choice! I tend to rebel if I have too many rules or restrictions about food and feel deprived and then I overeat.
I'm working on making my own choices about and accepting the consequence of those choices

I tend to overeat in quantity and quality of food. I don't see myself in terms of what Gillian riley calls "addictive eating" more an over eater

It's a very different approach and it takes time to understand and absorb her approach
I like it as I've spent years in a cycle of diets and plans and taking weight off and putting it back on - til I don't know what to eat or how to eat. Gillian says that diets don't work which I agree with

Diemme Tue 07-Feb-17 13:03:42

It's certainly helped me turn a corner. I do see myself as an addictive eater. I'm seeing now that I can plan sensible meals which satisfy my nutritional needs, and anything i want outside this will be due to addictive desire rather than hunger. I've also stopped weighing myself which has really helped. I feel that if I don't weigh myself then I'm not actually dieting. I'm just making a bit of an effort to eat less which is much easier psychologically.

nell15 Tue 07-Feb-17 16:26:45

I keep a mental note, sometimes a written one, of what I'm eating and whether I'm hungry or not. My focus is on eating healthily for me. I don't now just have a cake automatically with a coffee although if I fancy one I will and then I have accept the consequences of this - feeling full, bloated,indigestion and no room for a tasty nutritious snack.
I use times and plans a lot.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now