Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

When even if you lose 1lb/wk for the next 6 months, you'll still be overweight 😧

(17 Posts)
grandeculo Sun 05-Feb-17 20:53:37

I have sadly come to this conclusion and apart from being quite shocked, I am also really disappointed to see I'll still be chunky this summer and not the slim lovely person I was envisaging! sad angry

Dolallytats Sun 05-Feb-17 20:56:25

But you will be on your way!! I would have to lose a pound a week for 2 years to not be overweight.

Every journey starts with a single step. Good luck smile

Blazedandconfused Sun 05-Feb-17 20:57:02

If you have more than 2 stone to lose, it is very likely that in your first few weeks of dieting you will drop more than a pound.

Throw in some excersise and you could be looking at more line 1-2 pounds a week, which is healthy and manageable.

sotiredbutworthit Sun 05-Feb-17 20:59:49

Better than nothing! It's all steps in the right direction xxxxx

DarkDarkNight Sun 05-Feb-17 21:49:54

It's so dispiriting isn't it? I know it takes time, but I feel exactly the same as you about Summer sad. I spent last Summer hoping for cooler days and overheating in all my layers. I have about 3 stone to lose.

Jenniferb21 Sun 05-Feb-17 21:52:57

Slimming world my friend. If you stick to the plan most weeks it will be 2-3 pounds loss if you have more than 2 stone to lose you'll most likely lose 4-7 in the first couple of weeks.

Don't be de-motivated because you'll have the rest of your life to enjoy a healthier you and you will feel better even 1/2 stone lighter so keep it up for summer and give yourself short term targets (I.e lose 1/2 stone each month) x

grandeculo Mon 06-Feb-17 13:01:48

I will stick to it... it's just a little depressing to realise how badly I've let myself go sad

BelafonteRavenclaw Mon 06-Feb-17 15:20:48

I know how you feel. I'm trying to tell myself I'll feel more 'comfortable' in the summer (obviously not thin). It's going to take me a long time to get to an ideal weight but I'm content taking small steps everyday to get there. If I don't I'll go the other way and get even bigger. But yes it's rubbish, I look at weight loss prediction charts and the numbers are not very motivating.

DarkDarkNight Mon 06-Feb-17 20:41:30

Yes it is depressing grandeculo, I already felt too heavy for my frame before the weight gain. All that weight to lose just to get back where I started.

Gallavich Mon 06-Feb-17 20:45:30

You'll be a lot slimmer and more comfortable. Don't get depressed.

mumofthemonsters808 Mon 06-Feb-17 20:52:19

You've got to start somewhere though and even a pound loss every week is not a pound gain.There's not only one Summer, you have a lifetime of them ahead of you.I think your feeling overwhelmed, which is natural, it's not easy, but it can be done and you can achieve this and you will never look back.

mumofthemonsters808 Mon 06-Feb-17 20:53:47

Not only one Summer

Teenspov Tue 07-Feb-17 21:30:14

You have to start thinking positively-yes, you see you've let yourself go, but you're making a huge difference to your life. You're taking back control, and you'll still look slimmer by summer, even if you're not at your goal! Good luck with it, I'm sure you'll do well!

katand2kits Tue 07-Feb-17 21:33:24

Same here. Even if I lose a pound every single week this year, I will still be slightly overweight. But I'm trying to keep at it by thinking how much healthier I will be if I do lose 50 pounds by this time next year. Hopefully by the summer I will be one or two dress sizes down which will boost my morale.

Titsywoo Tue 07-Feb-17 21:34:46

If you are very overweight you'll most likely lose more than a pound a week at first though.

And either way you'll be slimmer and healthier than you are now!

Don't think about it like you are now or you'll just give up.

peachypips Tue 07-Feb-17 21:41:04

It's simply not true that you are likely to lose more than a pound per week. Yes, that's true for many, but not for all. I find its best to lower my expectations and only expect to lose a pound a week, otherwise I get discouraged and fall off the wagon.

I am doing slimming world, am 38, stick to plan exactly and have 3 stone to lose. First week I lost 2.5, every week after a pound. This always happens, whatever I do!

peachypips Tue 07-Feb-17 21:44:09

Oh, and yes it's depressing OP! I want to be a size 10 by July but it's very unlikely! At a pound a week I would be down to 11 stone 7 pounds by mid July, which is a stone and a half more than I want to be sad
I just hope by some miracle my weight loss speeds up- but I'm not getting my hopes up!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now