Talk

Advanced search

Best way to get maximum results in 2 months?

(11 Posts)
FoxAndTheBound Sun 05-Feb-17 12:04:30

Have just been invited on holiday in April. Am 13st and 5'5 and want to lose as much as I can before I go.

What is the absolute best way to get the best results in that time?

Help!

StealthPolarBear Sun 05-Feb-17 12:07:17

I'm far from an expert but what works for me is exercise every day - shred so cardio and weights
cutting out chocolate
these two basic things get me really far, shame I struggle
right I'm joining you. Going to centre parks in April so will be living in my swimming costume.

Stitchosaurus Sun 05-Feb-17 12:20:18

I've lost 10lbs in a month by sticking to 1200 calories a day, using myfitnesspal app to log what I'm eating.

foodiefil Sun 05-Feb-17 12:31:35

Cut out all alcohol.
Cardio.
Fish, veg, rice, water water water

lastqueenofscotland Sun 05-Feb-17 12:42:32

Join our half stone in a month thread!

Scandicat Sun 05-Feb-17 13:02:14

Blood sugar diet. It isn't as tough as it sounds and the results are really quick. There's a thread on the 5:2 / fasting board - have a look and see what you think.

EllenAshSky1 Thu 09-Feb-17 14:31:06

I use slim fast.
Everyone hAs their own opinion but it's working for me!!!
I'm not hungry nor do I crave anything as I can still eat!!
I have lost 4/5 in a week.
It also have defiantly changed my mind set to eating - how many calories I now consume compared to what I was!!!! It's actually shocking,
No slim fast (for me) isn't long term but has for sure without fail helped me with calories and when to eat and how much.
I love it.

Luckybe40 Tue 14-Feb-17 01:05:25

Definitely a VLCD, Cambridge, etc...controversial but if you stick to them in 2 months you should lose about 3 stone. Maintenance is the hardest but possible. Blood sugar diet is amazing for weight loss as is Scarsdale. But you really have to apply yourself to all of these and wrap your head around how the hell you keep the weight off! You can do itsmile

TinselTwins Tue 14-Feb-17 01:35:16

If you do a shake diet to lose 2 stone for a holiday, be prepared to rapidly put on 4 stone when you get back.

30 day shred really does get results in terms of inches, combine that with myfitnes pal.

EllenAshSky1 Tue 14-Feb-17 08:48:08

From experience you only gain it back if you obviously haven't changed your mind set to good and eating healthy.
It's obvious if you do any diet then go back to your old bad habits or eating ways you'll gain!!!
To gain it back double aswell you would defiantly have to be over eating!!
Doing a shake diet you still eat!! Loads!!
You have to learn about calorie intake and what to do to not gain any weight! On the diet and off.
You can't go from healthy snacks, shakes and healthy big meal- to then eating lovely healthy meals and gain bk the weight you've lost and two stone more!!
🙄
Go with what will suit you- never starve yourself!! Or under eat!
Good luck smile

plumstone Wed 15-Feb-17 17:10:17

I would go VLCD - I did it last year and in 12weeks lost 2 stone none of which has reappeared - totally changed the way I think of food - what I want to eat and how much I need to eat are too very different things - however as I am a vain bitch - I watch what I eat all of the time and log everything on MFP 1200 cal a day - only exception is while abroad on holiday - and I still log while away just don't care about the numbers!!

I eat three meals a day - no snacks at all ever - if I am out and eating say cake in the afternoon, then it becomes a late lunch or early dinner, cinema popcorn is either dinner or lunch. Always have a bottle of water in bag. Was hard at first but eating enough at meal time for me is the key. also I stopped being afraid to throw food away - I don't do it very often, but now and again a take away fish and chips for tea is the only thing that will hit the spot - however they are massive so I eat half and throw the rest of it in the bin - contrary to DM - I don't have to clear my plate!!!!!

Definitely agree with PP - A VLCD totally changed me and re-booted my metabolism - however if I had gone back to eating the way I had then it would have quickly all come back on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now