Talk

Advanced search

Help please- I'm fat!

(7 Posts)
AccidentalBlip Sat 04-Feb-17 19:42:14

God, I've seen a picture of myself on facebook tonight I'm about as wide as I am tall! (Exaggeration, I don't have a 58 inch waist).

I've had this battle for 20 years. I've spent 20 years throwing my food up, binging, crying over photos, wanting to be back at the weight I used to be, then binging because I'm depressed at the photos etc, starving for a few days- the cycle goes on!

No one knows. I'm a regular on here, and I act on here like I do in real life- none of you would believe if I told you my normal MN nickname, just like no one would believe I felt like this in RL.

I can't believe I just typed all of this.

Lilaclily Sat 04-Feb-17 19:43:33

flowers well done for posting

I think you need to go to your gp and get counselling for disordered eating, it's too hard to change on your own after 20 years imo

Take care of yourself

AccidentalBlip Sat 04-Feb-17 19:51:30

I've been for counselling before. I usually end up leaving when it gets too deep. I'm constantly on my guard because of the things I've been through in the past- I can't let anyone in! I'm ok in every other aspect of my life. It's like my eating is in a separate part of my brain. A separate room which I bolt shut so that every other part of my life can be ok.

I'm a damn good mommy to two beautiful kids. I have a wonderful DH. I'm the life and sould of the party. From the outside, it looks like I've got it made. Until I pass by That Room. The one which is locked, and the one only I can enter. God I know I'm rambling now.

AccidentalBlip Sat 04-Feb-17 19:52:55

Should I ask for this thread to be moved to mental health?

Lilicat1013 Sun 12-Feb-17 15:20:36

I does sound like maybe you would need counselling to help you with what you have been through before you can make changes to your weight. If food it your way of coping it will be very difficult to change it until you find a new way of coping with your feelings.

I'm sorry I don't have any more helpful advice than that, I hope you are able to find a counsellor you can open up to.

user1487329881 Fri 17-Feb-17 11:21:30

I have found for myself a vegan diet, it's a very cool way to lose weight! Meat is digested in our stomach more than 4-5 hours and boiled or fried food takes all the energy on digestion. If you'll eat healthy food, you'll full of strength and energy! happybody.tv/vegan-diet-and-weight-loss/

LisaAlexander Tue 28-Feb-17 19:25:26

I'm pretty sure the vegan diet has been proven over and over to really hurt the human body.

AccidentalBlip have you tried going keto?
Our bodies didn't evolve to survive on sugars and carbs, these are modern food types that have become rife through cheap agriculture. The switch to keto was life changing for me. No ping pong weight, eating super tasty food and always full of energy.

Ofcourse I have to also recommend doing exercise. We are supposed to move around! Home workouts for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now