Talk

Advanced search

Intermittent fasting/paleo no weight loss for 3 weeks

(1 Post)
twoandahalftimesthree Sat 28-Jan-17 12:34:31

Since 1st Jan I've been super good. Eating totally paleo, low carb, high protein, loads of veg, no refined carbs or sugar, not even a lot of fruit. I think I am eating plenty, I am not feeling particularly hungry and it's all good stuff. No alcohol either, lots of water/herbal teas to drink (at the very minimum 8 glasses a day). No breakfasts so fasting for at least 12 hours a day, even tried a two day juice/soup fast. I have also started going to the gym for a work out followed by swim and sauna 2/3 times a week.
First week I lost 8lbs, since then I have been static, wavering between 12st and 11st 13. Dh has been doing the same (although not going to the gym) and has lost loads more than me he had a similar amount of weight to lose as me (I appreciate his is a lower percentage of his starting body weight, but still)
What is going wrong here? My goal weight is 10st 9lbs which is the level I maintained consistently for years before putting on weight slowly over the course of the last 18 months not helped by a nasty knee injury. I want to lose the weight to get back in my old clothes and ease the strain on my knee. I am sticking to it, what else can I do?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now