Talk

Advanced search

How much baby weight do you have to lose and what's your plan?

(3 Posts)
CeCeBloomer Wed 25-Jan-17 11:28:31

So after 2 babies in 2.5 yrs I am now 12 stone 1 lb at 5 ft 6 this is at least a stone overweight. Before both babies I was 10 stone 2 and that's what I would like to get back to. My littlest one is 10 weeks now and I am sick to death of being fat. I am breastfeeding and have been sticking to 1500 kcals a day but weight is coming off very slow at 1 lb a week. I was 14 stone the day I gave birth so it is coming off but slowly......... Any tips on the best and quickest way to lose weight whilst breastfeeding???

YoureMyWifeNowDave Wed 25-Jan-17 11:42:58

My DS is almost 6 months old and I have tried to lose the baby weight by just dieting but bf'ing makes me constantly hungry hmm. I joined slimming world 3 weeks ago and have lost 8lbs so far without feeling hungry and it hasn't seemed to affect my milk supply

DarkestBeforeDawn Sat 28-Jan-17 12:53:38

I was 13 stone 10 lbs 4 months after giving birth and am now 11 stone 3lbs (5ft 6). My goal is 10 stone 7lbs to start but I think ultimately 10 stones is a better fit for me. I waited until I had a solid milk supply (ebf) and then started really seriously using MFP to log cals and sticking to 1200 cals p/day religiously. It had come off really quickly (I started mid Oct and was at current weight by Christmas Day). I think if you stick to it and are strict you will lose. It is simple maths that you need to consume less than you burn. I am starting in earnest again today after spending the last month maintaining without motivation to do much else! Got myself in a rut and needed to get out of this head space and back into the right frame of mind to keep going which I really feel today like I am back in!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now