Talk

Advanced search

If you want to stick to your plan, how do you navigate social events?

(10 Posts)
jimijack Sat 21-Jan-17 12:42:54

For example a rep came into work last week bringing a lovely delicious buffet lunch, I cracked and dear God it was DEVINE. I was trapped in the office with it!

Tonight I have a thing, there will be pizza there....my plan is to eat before I get there then refuse any.
I will look like a twat, I will look like I'm being funny & odd but I don't want to not go. It's not a restraunt btw.

So wwyd? How do you deal with these situations when you are cornered with fabulous food?

bookbuddy Sat 21-Jan-17 13:03:02

I have one day a week where I "cheat" go over calories, I eat well for the rest of the week and claw back the calories from the cheat day. It's working for me so far.

HowardMoonsJazzTrumpet Sat 21-Jan-17 13:07:19

I would have a small portion of the food there and eat lightly for the days before and after to carve the 'allowance' into my plan. E.g.- 1 slice of pizza = 300 calories (I don't know if that's true), therefore I'll have 100 fewer cals the couple of days before and the day after.

HowardMoonsJazzTrumpet Sat 21-Jan-17 13:08:51

Not too hard in Jan though, it seems like everyone is 'detoxing'/dieting or giving up something. Surely you wouldn't be the only person there watching your intake?

OutOfBlueComesGreen Sat 21-Jan-17 13:13:07

We are having Indian tonight.
So will have chicken tikka. Plain rice. A chapaiit and a bit of tarka Daal.
And I won't beat myself up about it.
The rest of the day I am eating as I would.
I'm following slimming world.

Lucked Sat 21-Jan-17 13:17:53

Just tell people you have eaten and are on a diet, new year resolutions and all that. It is very common in January so you might not be alone.

We had a pizza based lunch thing at work before Christmas and s few people didn't indulge, I did ask if they were having any but I don't think it is a big deal to abstain.

empirerecordsrocked Sat 21-Jan-17 13:28:58

I'm a bit later on weekends and exercise more to make up for it if I know I am going to go out for say a curry.

jimijack Sat 21-Jan-17 13:56:16

But I'm going to be sitting in a room full of people eating pizza!!!!!!
I really don't want to have any as I really want a loss this week.

Thanks for tips, I will just have to be strong and imagine hairs in the pizza or something to put me off....

Lucked Sat 21-Jan-17 15:12:03

Don't have anything. Honestly I find eating nothing easier than trying to have a taste.

If it is early days of your diet you need to brazen it out, doing this will make it easier the next time you have a social event.

jimijack Sat 21-Jan-17 15:53:47

Lucked, I am a year in.
I struggle with every single social event.
I don't drink alcohol, I don't smoke, I will be standing with a glass of water Because I'm upping my water intake this week....might treat myself to a bottle of diet coke.

Misery.
I just love food.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now