Talk

Advanced search

Confused about how to lose the baby weight

(5 Posts)
AutumnRose1988 Tue 17-Jan-17 07:50:35

I have around 20llbs to lose after giving birth to twins and I can't seem to knuckle down to any sort of diet. In recent years I've had a brilliant diet that includes my 5 a day, lentils, high fibre etc but my body just doesn't want to play ball for some reason! Regardless of whether I have a big/small/healthly/unhealthy breakfast I'm still starving and woozy with hunger by 11.15 and then I have soup and 2 slices of brown bed for lunch but dying for a sugar kick by 2 and feel away with the fairies from about 3 till I can get my evening meal and 6.30. I try and pile my plate high with veg but I feel I need a bucket full of carbs to satisfy me and bring me back to the land of the living. Babies are 4 months so am I still recovering from pregnancy, am I trying to get the weight off too soon? I've always been able to shift unwanted llbs with a good diet but I am feeling in a right quandary as hunter now feels like I'm dying!

PlumFairy2014 Tue 17-Jan-17 16:02:53

They are still so little (and two of them!!!). I would say it's too soon, just focus on being healthy and happy.
Are you breastfeeding? I found it made me ravenous and the sleep deprivation made me sugar mad at 3pm.
If I'm honest DD was a year before I kicked myself into actually losing weight, when I got back to running. Her starting to sleep better massively helped too, as I wasn't substituting sleep with food.

oldlaundbooth Tue 17-Jan-17 16:41:51

Sounds like you need more protein and fat to feel full.

AutumnRose1988 Wed 18-Jan-17 10:36:32

I don't breastfeed and I suppose that's what has made me worry about my woozy with hunger feelings between meals. I think the loosing weight may have to be put on the back burner till I am back at work and have a more structured day x

Pointeshoes Tue 24-Jan-17 17:14:00

You have twins !! (I have 7 month old twins smile ) Please don't worry too much , once they are abit older you can start to focus on yourself more- I have only stared exercising again and I mean lots of walking with the buggy and a few workouts following YouTube ! Don't have time for anything else. Try and cut things out gradually and swap sugery food for carrot sticks and apples. Eat porridge with abit of honey for breakfast and drink fruit teas before I go to snack. Lunch I have just a sandwich and natural yogurt. Afternoon snack of apple or some other fruit and dinner -usually a smaller portion if it's not too healthy! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now