Talk

Advanced search

Do Hula hoops help you loose weight?

(17 Posts)
Tinks15 Sun 15-Jan-17 21:42:41

I'm looking at getting a weighted hula hoop want to know if its worth getting one as i really want to loose my jelly belly!

PabloEscobarReallyLovesHisKids Sun 15-Jan-17 21:45:07

When I saw the title I thought you meant the crisps confused

Ledkr Sun 15-Jan-17 21:45:59

Me too! I was quite excited grin

bestofboth Sun 15-Jan-17 21:46:54

Another here who thought it was the crisps ... says a lot about us I guess grin

RosesShouldBeInTins Sun 15-Jan-17 21:47:04

Lol, me too. A small bag isn't many calories!

Tinks15 Sun 15-Jan-17 21:49:53

Haha, i should of thought about the title a little more. I do love a bag of hula hoops though!

Wolfiefan Sun 15-Jan-17 21:50:03

Me too. I thought crisps! grin

acornsandnuts Sun 15-Jan-17 21:58:05

Beef yes. Plain no.

wtf2015 Sun 15-Jan-17 22:04:22

Can't beat beef hula hoops. Definitely will help lose sight if you put them on your fingers like rings and then eat them.

kittybiscuits Sun 15-Jan-17 22:07:23

Only if you put them on your fingers and bite them off.

Slimmingsnake Sun 15-Jan-17 22:07:26

I thought you meant crisps....sadly no the weighted ones don't/didn't..I couldn't hoopla with my hoop it was to heavy and kept falling down..plus you need space or you knock things over

Mrstumbletap Sun 15-Jan-17 22:10:44

Alas, I also thought you meant beef hula hoops.

That would be awesome if that was the diet food of 2017. smile

WheresTheEvidence Sun 15-Jan-17 22:12:45

grin

I was going to say if you eat enough - you'd definitely loose weight grin

PastysPrincess Sun 15-Jan-17 22:17:35

I thought you meant the crisps too and very condescendingly said errrrr NO! In my head. Then I read you post properly lol! Hula hoops would be great for your core but an exeecise regime that works all of your body is best. Nature designed the body to work as a unit together.

PickAChew Sun 15-Jan-17 22:20:40

The savoury snack thing has been done to death, so I'll bite (sorry)

You would have to do an awful lot of hula hooping to burn off lots of excess calories, which is how you would lose weight without moderating your food intake to stay within your TDEE. That said, you could firm up abdominal muscles and consequently, appear to be a little leaner around the middle.

Anyhooo Sun 15-Jan-17 22:24:53

Ha! I thought of the crisps straight away, the exercise type never entered my head! Says alot about me.

unicornpoopoop Sun 15-Jan-17 22:29:24

I've been hula hooping for years and think it's great. It burns calories and tones. And you can do it whilst watching tv. The big weighted ones are really quite easy once you get into the swing of it too. You will get quite a lot of bruising to start with though. I had a csection less than a year ago though so it's now not as easy for me but before I could easily do it for an hour at a time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now