Talk

Advanced search

Shangri-la diet - has anyone tried it? Anyone care to try it?

(4 Posts)
MrsDustyBusty Thu 12-Jan-17 10:57:16

I saw this one on a channel 4 weight loss show and it seemed interesting (easy). Basically, you drink a tablespoon of olive oil twice a day in a window. It's supposed to suppress appetite. The tester did pretty well (comparable with the results from other, harder diets).

So I'm going to combine it with weight watchers and see how it goes.

I took the olive oil yesterday and I'm not sure whether I could say it has started suppressing my appetite but I actually feel very good.

amusedbush Thu 12-Jan-17 11:59:19

I'm not sure I could stomach that but fat fills you up a lot more than carbs so I can see how it would work.

Twistmeandturnme Thu 12-Jan-17 12:01:53

In a window?
I'd be up to try anything simple at the moment. Back pain precludes aerobic exercise and I'm still in a rut polishing off Christmas high calorie treats. Anything to break the cycle would be great!

MrsDustyBusty Thu 12-Jan-17 12:05:56

Yeah, the oil has to be taken at least an hour after you last ate or brushed your teeth or had any drink other than plain water and after taking the oil, you wait at least an hour until you have anything other than plain water again.

The oil has to be flavourless or you can hold your nose while you take it.

There are no other instructions, really. You can combine it with another diet if you want to, but you don't have to.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now