Talk

Advanced search

Food or diet counselling???

(6 Posts)
hyacinthwannabe Wed 11-Jan-17 20:46:08

I'm overweight. 5'6" and about 15 and a half stones. I really really want to loose weight. However I am a total failure. I know exactly what I should be doing but have no will power. I feel like I would benefit from having a councillor who I saw every week who would make me accountable for my diet. Does such a thing exist?

hyacinthwannabe Wed 11-Jan-17 21:20:53

Anyone?

mrscrocopop Wed 11-Jan-17 21:23:29

You could see if there are Health Trainers in your area - they will support you and provide you with some accountability. The service is free. If you don't find anything through google you could ask your GP.
Counsellors wouldn't usually offer this on the NHS but you may be able to access one privately. Accredited ones would be on the BACP website.
Good luck x

hyacinthwannabe Wed 11-Jan-17 21:24:26

Thanks very much for ur advice. I imagined I would have to access this on a private basis. Thanks.

EnormousTiger Wed 11-Jan-17 21:27:16

Some weight loss programmes have that kind of service. A lot of it will be in a group (weight watchers etc) however with advice available outside group times - lighterlife. Many many qualified clinical /chartered psychologists or unqualified "therapists" will offer that service too.
Some hynotists would see you weekly.

It would be an awful lot cheaper however if you could just find a friend or someone on line to do it with.

You are not a total failure. In fact yesterday's Times newspaper had an article about a new book on this topic - a doctor found that people just differ in their inherent ability to eat less; not your fault at all.

A lot of peopleo n here would agree that if you could change the kinds of foods you eat in order to eat natural foods particularly high good fats, medium protein and loads of veg and few carbs your appetite will change and cravings go.

hyacinthwannabe Thu 12-Jan-17 08:26:58

Thank you Enormous. Do you remember the name of the book?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now