Talk

Advanced search

Anyone done Jason Vale juice diet? Says you will loose. 7lbs in 7 days?

(11 Posts)
movingforward2016 Sun 08-Jan-17 09:29:05

Anyone tried it? A friend of mine did and said it worked! Would like to know if it worked for anyone else?

I might try it I have a blender not a juicer will that still work?

Is it actual fat loss or just water? Any tips and info welcome! I would love to shed 7lbs smile

OP’s posts: |
Burntbum Sun 08-Jan-17 13:06:11

If you lose 7lbs in seven days the majority will be water. That is not a safe rate of weight loss and the diet will not be sustainable. Slow and steady is the best way.

movingforward2016 Mon 09-Jan-17 17:53:14

I was thinking it might be water, although my friend did it and said she kept the weight off after!

HarrassedMumof3 Mon 09-Jan-17 23:23:53

I did 5llb in 5 days and kept it off. Felt amazing too!

NotStoppedAllDay Tue 10-Jan-17 00:26:00

I did the 5lb in 5 days one and lost 8lb

Kept it off as was clean eating either side of doing it. Carried on juicing afterwards, just a juice for breakfast or lunch. Lost 5 stone but put 1 back on over past 3 years

We mainly juice in the summer

movingforward2016 Tue 10-Jan-17 10:52:34

Harassed - did you have a lot to loose before you started? As I'm wondering if it works bette when people have say 1-2 stone to loose instead of just half a stone!

movingforward2016 Tue 10-Jan-17 10:54:22

Not stopped- wow well done sounds like you are the juicing guru then! So how does it work for the 5lbs in 5 days? Is it just 3 juices per day?

Would I be able to use my blender instead of a juicer?

Arkay Tue 10-Jan-17 11:32:12

I did it several years ago and lost exactly 7lbs in 7 days. I kept the weight off afterwards but I was eating low carb at the time. I found the juice diet stopped my cravings for certain things (although I felt horrendous on day 2/3 because, I assume, of caffeine/sugar withdrawal?) so that helped diet-wise. I think it's a great motivational boost if you're wanting to lose weight at the beginning of a diet.

Weight loss aside, my skin looked better than it ever has, and my eyes were really bright. People commented on how well I looked.

I'm not sure a blender would work for some of the recipes...maybe depends how strong a blender you have? But I'd imagine you'd end up with some very bitty drinks.

Maudlinmaud Tue 10-Jan-17 11:35:38

I bought a juicer in argos it came with his dvd and juicy wall planner. I enjoyed the juices, I really liked the lemon/ginger zinger.

NotStoppedAllDay Tue 10-Jan-17 12:05:47

You need a juicer and a blender for Jason vale

Starts with a Apple/ginger shot

Think it was 4 juices a day. Was a while ago now

I've carried on juicing here and there but making most juices vegetable based.

I remember I did the 5 days over half term!! Which was tough with having to provide foods for kids. I don't remember feeling hungry and I still attended my boot camp classes and ran! I think you could eat either a banana or half avocado daily. I used the app on my phone

NotLostJustSomewhereSafe Wed 11-Jan-17 09:40:32

You will need a juicer and a blender (although my mum used to mash the avocado and banana and stir it in rather than have to wash the blender grin). I did this last January planning to use it as a boost before a general healthy eating change but loved it so kept it going, juicing for part of the day and having a decentish meal so not being strict. I lost two stone by the Easter hols doing this. I did lose my way a bit later in the year and put some weight back on but not much, maybe half a stone. I am starting again now as I felt so much better when on it. I felt brilliant even before losing the weight and my migraines improved dramatically.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in