Talk

Advanced search

Gym classes when you're really overweight

(3 Posts)
Sikkinis Sat 07-Jan-17 21:01:48

I've just been having a look at the local gym which is small (rural town) and runs some really fun classes such as Pilates/Adult Ballet/Zumba

I am however very overweight (22 stone) - are these going to be too hard at my size? They don't have a pool but could travel further afield, however don't really like the idea of a swimming costume and kids running around blush

RumAppleGinger Sat 07-Jan-17 22:20:23

I'm the same size as you. I've been going to a few classes, just whatever is on when I'm able to go. If the instructor is good they will be helpful and offer modifications for anything you're not physically able to do. Give each one a try. You'll find the right one with the right instructor.

thecapitalsunited Sat 07-Jan-17 22:24:15

I'm 18 stone (5'5") and have generally found that group fitness class instructors are really helpful. They aren't going to scare you away.

Remember that even if you struggle at times then it honestly isn't the first time anyone has seen it and no one in the class will be judging you. The whole point is to work hard!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: