Talk

Advanced search

How do you treat yourself when losing weight?

(6 Posts)
Needmorewine Thu 05-Jan-17 15:14:01

I've got so used to using food / wine as a treat whenever I've had a stressful / bad / boring day and want to get out of that mindset. Today I've bought a lovely bunch of daffs and a magazine. I can't paint my nails as the smell seems to set of my asthma (I know...) and I prefer showers to baths which I see suggested a lot. What other little things can I do to pamper myself that don't involve food or drink ?!

fueledbybacon Thu 05-Jan-17 15:16:23

Ah buying new nail varnish is my thing. Giving myself a proper at home manicure.

Alternatively I buy myself a new book!

TheChampagneGalop Thu 05-Jan-17 15:36:02

Something hobby related.
Nice beauty/bath products.
Books.

I'm also interested in reading more suggestions!

hugoagogo Thu 05-Jan-17 15:38:25

Lipstick!
Fancy herbal tea.

soitis Thu 05-Jan-17 15:38:54

a nice long walk - on my own.

I am thinking this year of putting money away when I lose weight - or maybe when I do some classes - to treat my self after 6 months or so - haven't thought it through yet -but you get the idea!

Needmorewine Thu 05-Jan-17 16:58:46

Yes I think a long walk no phone or music or anything is lovely. I would love some new make up too may get some end of month if I've stuck to it. Wouldn't mind a facial either. Hmmmmm. Can see this getting expensive! Looking at it now buying chocolate / cake is much easier & cheaper ! But long run it hasn't made me feel very good about myself and I definitely did feel happy when trying on lovely clothes that didn't fit...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now