Talk

Advanced search

DH complaining after 3 days exercise

(7 Posts)
Cocopopsrule Wed 04-Jan-17 12:53:42

We agreed we'd exercise together and he's complaining after 3 days it's too hard and frustrating and 5 days a week routine is too much going from nothing. We're doing fitness blender. I really want to do this. But if I don't do it with him he won't do it. And we're both unfit and overweight. First 2 days were fine but today he cant keep up and started moaning. Shall I just get on without him or look for a 3 days a week program we can do together. How often do you all exercise?

JellyTeapot Wed 04-Jan-17 13:01:02

Just crack on without him, don't let his lack of motivation stop you from reaching your goals. Plus, there's nothing worse than a negative nancy killing your endorphin buzz during a good workout grin

tribpot Wed 04-Jan-17 13:03:51

Five days a week is a lot from a standing (sitting) start. Why don't you agree that he joins you every other session?

WriterNeedsHelp2017 Wed 04-Jan-17 13:05:12

Definitely keep going without him! Ask him how he's going to feel when you show so much more improvement than him in a month's time.

WatchingFromTheWings Wed 04-Jan-17 13:06:00

5 days a week is a bit much for a beginner. 2-3 is enough to start then build up as fitness increases.

Cocopopsrule Wed 04-Jan-17 13:36:42

Ok. I'll ask him what he wants to do and say I want to continue on the plan I choose and he's free to join less regularly or do his own program

JennyOnAPlate Wed 04-Jan-17 13:56:04

5 days a week sounds like a lot for someone new to exercise. I need to start exercising too but if you told me I had to do 5 (consecutive?) days it'd put me off completely!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now