Talk

Advanced search

Weight watchers and 5:2 combined. Mad?

(3 Posts)
ILoveAGoodBrusselSprout Sun 01-Jan-17 21:27:10

I will be returning to weight watchers shortly - I like smart points flexibility and rigidity (complete oxymoron, I know, but I just mean that I go nuts with too much flexibility so I need restrictions without completely shutting down my choices).

Anyway, I like the idea of 5:2 and the benefits to longevity and how fasting is thought to fight against cancer so I wondered if I could combine.

Does anyone have any thoughts or knowledge of how it may not be the right thing to do?

Gooseygoosey12345 Sun 01-Jan-17 21:39:15

Personally, I don't think there's enough proof for 5:2 and weight watchers should be enough on its own. Good luck smile

MrsDustyBusty Mon 02-Jan-17 21:51:34

Well I was thinking about this earlier. As I see it, you need to go maybe 35% of your alloted points on your 2 days and 35 points on your 5 days. That should give you the total number of points for the week assuming you use your other points on the 5 days.

That way you're taking in the benefits of intermittent fasting while having just you ww points.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: