Talk

Advanced search

How do I beat mindless, habitual snacking?

(14 Posts)
ThisSeason Sun 01-Jan-17 14:00:23

I just put random food in my gob. It's totally mindless and the main reason I need to lose three stone.

I pick and graze all day. I need to just have three square, healthy meals. A bit of cheese here, a few breadsticks there...and wine confused

I've downloaded MFP and ordered a new workout DVD so I'm going to try and up my exercise too.

Anyone else guilty of just putting food in their mouth without thinking about it? How do I kick the habit?

Bestbees Sun 01-Jan-17 18:22:12

Come and join us on the no s thread. Simple plan of no sweets, snacks or seconds except on days that begin with s. Eat big nutritious meals and eat what you love. Get used to allowing and embracing a little bit of hunger and curbing it with tea. It's hard but I find that plan very simple. I also tell myself and other people if relevant that 'I don't snack'. Soon you start to believe it!

LumelaMme Sun 01-Jan-17 18:23:33

And where is this thread? I think I need it!

Fartleks Sun 01-Jan-17 18:24:28

Don't keep them in the house!

Lilaclily Sun 01-Jan-17 18:25:44

I clean my teeth after dinner , stops me snacking in the evenings

Bearsinmotion Sun 01-Jan-17 18:25:44

I need that thread too smile

Heirhelp Sun 01-Jan-17 18:26:11

Only eat from a plate sitting at a table.

Bestbees Sun 01-Jan-17 18:35:31

No s thread is in weight loss chat. Don't know how to link sorry!
If you Google no s diet there is a website too. 😀

DailyFail1 Sun 01-Jan-17 18:57:43

It might help to do away from 3 square meals and instead formalize your snacking into 6 meals. Agree with others that you should have a clear out of unhealthy food.

immaturecheddar Sun 01-Jan-17 19:32:02

Thank you all. I will check that thread out.

I have already started the eviction of all unhealthy foods. I've begun the online shop order and have a trolley full of good stuff.

immaturecheddar Sun 01-Jan-17 19:32:34

(Sorry, I'm OP but after name change)

SecondsLeft Sun 01-Jan-17 19:44:18

I find not eating anything after 7pm each day calms my cravings and makes me less of a nightmare snacker the next day. Alternatively just practice havjng 2-3 hour gaps between eating or drinking anything?

LumelaMme Sun 01-Jan-17 21:02:48

I can't evict the unhealthy food yet. I would mean ditching 3/4 of a homemade Christmas cake and there are limits.

DailyFail1 Sun 01-Jan-17 21:19:36

I found eating Monster Munch as a snack helped me enormously. Not sure why, but a packet after work saved me from bingeing during dinner. Nothing else worked.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now