Talk

Advanced search

Anyone making small changes in 2017?

(3 Posts)
colonelgoldfish Sun 01-Jan-17 10:50:44

Happy new year!!

This year I'm determined to get on top of my eating and lose weight for good. I've done SW before and manage to be successful whilst I'm on plan but quickly fall off the wagon and it all goes to pot.

So...I've decided to make some small changes towards a new lifestyle rather than a 'diet' as I think it'll be better and more attainable in the long run.

I have about 4 stone to lose to get back to my pre-wedding/children weight and am happy to take all year to do this, meaning I'd need to lose 1-2lbs a week.

So far I've come up with:
- cooking more from scratch and using whole ingredients
- factoring in regular exercise of some sort. My dream would be to run but I'm so unfit that I'm going to start with walking and HIIT sessions.
- drinking more water
- being more mindful about what I eat. Am I actually hungry or it is just habit/emotional
- getting rid of the 'diet mentality'. E.g. If I have a few biscuits it's fine - I don't then need to have the entire pack and start again tomorrow.

Is anyone else taking this approach this year? Would love some buddies!

colonelgoldfish Tue 03-Jan-17 13:08:02

Have got off to a good start. Not embarking on a formal 'diet' feels so freeing!

I've ordered the Goddess Revolution book as have heard lots of good things and have been making much better choices. Have had lots of fruit and veg and natural foods. I've swapped SW friendly muller lights for yummy Greek yogurt but smaller portions.

Last night I sat and planned out the next 2 weeks meals for when I'm back at work. Lots of healthy, veg packed meals. DH wants to lose a bit of weight too so that helps.

LadyWhoLikesLunch Wed 04-Jan-17 16:48:54

Just came across this section today and your plan sounds awesome.

I don't really need to diet but do need to stop eating caramel shortcake and the likes for breakfast and stop going straight to just eat for a take away every time I can't be bothered cooking or going to a supermarket.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now