We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I've had some real sucess with not eating crap and exercising

(15 Posts)
Newbrummie Wed 21-Dec-16 15:50:32

But my body hurts 😩
I look great thiugh, 2200 calories a day in fruit, veg, lean meat and the odd cake.
Working out at least once a day. Finally seem to have cracked it

Bluntness100 Wed 21-Dec-16 15:52:45

Yes, I've generally got sore arms or legs from the gym. Sigh, I'm low carb and it works and I'm happy, but good god, today I'm struggling, i really want to eat all the chocolate and mince pies in the house, not going to, but god I really want to! 😱

AyeAmarok Wed 21-Dec-16 15:52:53

Well done!

Enjoy the muscle pain. It's there as a reminder of your dogged determination.

fueledbybacon Wed 21-Dec-16 15:55:24

Never ever worked for me. Calories in/Calories out is a myth. Google it.

I don't count calories, I count carbs. I'm in nutritional ketosis. It's the only thing that ever worked for me. I started in January this year and I've dropped 75lbs. That's without ever going near a gym or counting calories.

As my username says - I'm fueled by bacon or fat to be more precise. Eat fat to burn fat!

Lottapianos Wed 21-Dec-16 15:57:11

Well done OP! Its bloody hard work but you do see results. I love the achey feeling you have the day after a good workout. Very good for your head too.

ShotgunNotDoingThePans Wed 21-Dec-16 16:03:04

2200 cals a day - you must be going some! What exercise are you doing?

pullingmyhairout1 Wed 21-Dec-16 16:05:23

Calorie counting worked for me but everyone is different so different methods have different responses in people.

Personally I started running and calorie counting and I lost 7 st in 9 months. Didnt really feel like I tried that hard either but I was almost dying at the start.

Newbrummie Wed 21-Dec-16 16:07:59

I'm doing Zuu ( fuck me I thought I was fit, kick boxer in ye olden days, normal boxing and spin more recently), every other day and pump type classes, ballet barre too. No cardio at all.
It's type of calories in. I've stuffed up before thinking 1000 of crap is the same as a 1000 in the good stuff, it's really really not

Newbrummie Wed 21-Dec-16 16:08:47

Zuu is all body weight baring, hard work.

pullingmyhairout1 Thu 22-Dec-16 01:14:23

Holy moly brummie that looks painful

Newbrummie Thu 22-Dec-16 07:07:48

Yeah it's full on but I dropped a dress size in 3 weeks, from a 12 to a 10 so I was bloody thrilled as it's usually really hard for me

BBQueen Thu 22-Dec-16 07:15:41

Well done! Are you sure you're counting calories accurately though - not over estimating though? On a low fat diet (even with the odd cake), I would find it hard to get 2200 calories each day...

29redshoes Thu 22-Dec-16 07:24:06

calories in/calories out is a myth

Really? It's always worked for me and DH.

Well done OP! Although I agree that 2200 sounds like a lot, are you sure you're not overestimating? Or maybe you're just doing lots of exercise.

Newbrummie Thu 22-Dec-16 07:32:49

It is a myth it's all about what you eat rather than the numbers and I'm tracking on my fitness pal so there's room for error sure, but I'm eating really really well, loving it and loosing weight !

Sirzy Thu 22-Dec-16 07:36:03

I need the exercise to compliment the diet. The two combined works perfectly for me.

I love the doms pain after a good workout!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now