Talk

Advanced search

Best exercise DVD?

(4 Posts)
PinotAndPlaydough Mon 19-Dec-16 12:01:19

I can't afford the gym at the moment and although I walk about 5km a day I would like to start doing more exercise.
I am very over weight (still need to loose about 7st) and I don't know which type of exercise is going to help me shift the weight the fastest.
Any recommendations please?

Newbrummie Wed 21-Dec-16 15:51:48

You cannot beat davina for the woman's pure enthusiasm. Loads of her old DVDs pop up in charity shops etc, they all work

buzzlightyearsdinosaur Wed 21-Dec-16 16:00:13

I lost a lot of weight by just walking, I think it depends on your pace and how many hill you are walking up and down. My best weight loss weeks came after I had been walking fast enough to sweat and for some of the time (certainly on the hills) not being able to have a conversation.

I think this depends where you live though as some parts of the country are very flat! so obviously this is going to work better if you live in Yorkshire rather than Norfolk.

FranHastings Wed 21-Dec-16 16:10:57

If you've got access to YouTube you can find loads of free video workouts. Jessica Smith videos are great. I find her really encouraging for beginners like myself. Loads of variety too. The first section of the Jillian Michaels videos are on YouTube too.

There's FitnessBlender too, which people recommend, but I've never really tried.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now