Talk

Advanced search

Avacado good for lower belly fat loss? And pineapple?

(9 Posts)
movingforward2016 Thu 15-Dec-16 13:46:21

A friend of a friend is a body builder and recommended avocado for burning lower belly fat and pineapple! Anyone heard of this before? Does it work?

GettingitwrongHauntingatnight Thu 15-Dec-16 13:48:13

Thought avacados were fattening?

Lorralorralaughs Thu 15-Dec-16 13:56:59

it's avocadoes, and although they're higher in fat & calories than most other fruit and veg - it's good fat. They're also high in Vitamin E & fibre. You probably do need to watch your consumption of them if you want to lose weight. Pineapple is great - but quite acidic so you probably don't want too much!

GizmoFrisby Thu 15-Dec-16 17:08:49

Lorra it's actually avocados just checkedgrin. Since your nit picking. hmmThey are very good for you but not sure about targeting certain areas. Good luck op

PoldarksBreeches Thu 15-Dec-16 17:20:46

You can't spot reduce fat with food hmm

Deux Thu 15-Dec-16 17:27:59

I've managed to lose weight off my belly (and lower half in general) by eating protein with carbs. And few carbs on their own. No carbs for breakfast.

I'm amazed actually. I was advised to do so by a gynae consultant as I was moaning about middle age spread. But in my case it was in relation to insulin resistance.

I've been eating loads of avocados with chicken or eggs.

RedMapleLeaf Thu 15-Dec-16 18:40:31

You can't spot reduce fat with food

This. I think all you can do is avoid foods which bloat your tummy up.

fishonabicycle Tue 20-Dec-16 17:08:58

Exactly. You can't spot reduce fat at all. You can lose fat in general and increase muscle in specific places by lifting weights. That is it.

ThePeoplesChamp Tue 20-Dec-16 17:21:07

FFS.. food cannot be used as a spot weightloss magic bullet.

I weightlift also. Avocado is good if you are already SUPER LEAN and just trying to 'peak' and possibly on a keto. It contains a high level of 'good fats' which trigger a satiated state and level blood sugar. Pineapple apparently contains an enzyme which promotes fats loss.

This whole thing of adding a magic food into a diet is madness... in my office I frequently see ladies on 'diets' jamming whole packfuls of goji berries or whatever fad food down their necks over the course of a day believing they will get thinner, when they are just adding extra calories and training their brain to snack.

I dont know if you have weight to lose? IF so maybe your pal could help you with a keto plan if its short term, or a balanced 40/40/20 macro calorie limited plan if its long term.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now