Talk

Advanced search

Best way to transform myself? Is this do-able?

(8 Posts)
colonelgoldfish Sat 03-Dec-16 18:05:18

I know it's an awful time of year to be embarking upon this but I need to take action - time is fast running out!

I have a big event coming up in April and would really love to lose 3 stone (if not more) and hopefully be looking and feeling much better and more confident by then.

I've done SW before but never seem to be able to stick to it for long. My willpower is slightly lacking shall we say! But with this impending event I feel it's giving me a kick up the bum to get on with it!

What's the best way to lose this weight by April - is it even do-able?

OP’s posts: |
BIWI Sat 03-Dec-16 18:08:48

If you work on 2lbs a week as sustainable weight loss, that means 21 weeks, which is more like 5 months.

However - in three months you could lose 2 stones, which would take you most of the way!

Anything that promises you huge losses isn't going to be a way of eating that you'll be able to stick with - which I'm sure you know from your SW experience! You need to find a plan/way of eating that you know will suit you and the way you like to eat.

Can you identify how you like to eat, and therefore what kind of plan would suit you best?

BIWI Sat 03-Dec-16 18:09:43

... the assumption I made above, by the way, is that you would be starting in January! If you were to start now, then you have around 4 months - however, I wouldn't underestimate the impact that Christmas can have!

BreakingBod Sat 03-Dec-16 18:22:41

Hi goldfish, the full amount might not be quite doable in that time, but I think it's good to have an event to aim for, I always find that helps to spur me on!

As for what sort of diet to follow, it depends on what you prefer. I've recently signed up for an on-line diet plan thing, where I filled in a questionnaire about food preferences etc and they made me a weight loss plan to follow. I submit my weight loss each week and I'm finding that really keeps me to plan during the week. But some people would hate that and much prefer to go along to get weighed and meet up with other dieters face-to-face. Half the battle is getting going though I think!!

What sort of thing are you thinking of doing?

colonelgoldfish Sat 03-Dec-16 19:08:24

Thank you for the replies!

Well, the tricky part is I'm not really sure which way to go as I seem to find it impossible to stick to diets (always been overweight, always been on a diet, never stuck it out and actually lost blush)

I have 2 small DC's, a DH and a pretty stressful job so think clubs would be out (though could do something online). I want to be able to eat the same/similar meals to the family. I very drawn to sugar and carbs so that could be an area to tackle.

I'm just a bit lost when it comes to diets because I flit from one to the other confused

OP’s posts: |
BIWI Sat 03-Dec-16 21:50:53

If you're very drawn to sugar/carbs, then this could be your problem - why not come and join us on the ongoing Low Carb Bootcamp? We're coming towards the end of this Bootcamp, but the general principals of low carbing might help you - and there's lots of support for everyone even beyond each specific Bootcamp.

BIWI Sat 03-Dec-16 21:51:50

Here's a link to the latest chat thread

RedMapleLeaf Sun 04-Dec-16 21:20:06

Could you outline what you would typically eat in a week? What are your activity levels? What kind of changes are you curious about and what are your no-goes?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in