Can I ask about the Fitbit?

(3 Posts)
ScotsHumphreys Sun 27-Nov-16 09:36:39

I'm getting one for Christmas 😆 It sounds like it would be really addictive trying to reach your steps goals every day! Just what I need.

Apparently it can tell when you're exercising? So for instance could it record my 30 day shred and tell me how many calories I've burnt doing that?

Can it pick up things like horse riding?

My iPhone 6 tells me I average around 3000 steps a day as a full time community nurse - so I'm wondering how the hell people manage to get to 1000!!

Lesley1980 Sun 27-Nov-16 10:43:05

I have the Alta & it would log the 30 day shred as activity minutes. It wouldn't specifically recognise it as aerobics or anything due to the type of exercise it is. The fit bit then converts your activity minutes into steps & calories. I use my Fitbit as a guide.

I do 2 hours a week with a trainer & it's always weights & then HIIT exercise & some days my fit but only records it as 15 minutes of activity. I keep changing the exercise so it can't recognise it as continuous activity & record it properly.

I really like my Fitbit & it has motivated me to walk more. I do 16000 steps a day but I make a conscious effort to walk when I can & im home with the kids so I don't really sit down much.

user1474894224 Wed 30-Nov-16 20:11:16

I have a fit but charge hr. It does recognise aerobic activity - but you can also press some buttons to start and stop specific types of exercise. That's getting a little technical for me though! I find I can do 10000 steps walking the kids to school twice a day and doing normal running around. I have increased my daily target. It does motivate me at weekends when I struggle to hit my goal. But it's about making it work for you. So you can choose your own goals. I love having friends with it, because I'm quite competitive - although one friend continually beats me!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now