Talk

Advanced search

So ambivalent when it comes to dieting - should I give up?

(1 Post)
maggiethemagpie Mon 07-Nov-16 17:02:39

I've lost 3.5 stone since three years ago, but since my wedding in April it's like I just can't do it anymore. I'm about half a stone above my wedding/ideal weight now and I think it's just a lot harder to motivate myself to lose that last half stone again, as I actually don't mind being the weight I am now. I'm not fat, maybe a little rounded, but it's more flab than fat. However I know I would look and feel a lot better a few pounds lighter.

Every day I start the day saying I'm going to diet, and I do ok until the evening when I give up and get an attack of the munchies! I'm not sure if I should just admit defeat and stay the weight I am now, as I don't seem to be able to motivate myself the same as I could when I was properly fat.

Also my body seems to want to stay at this weight, as I always seem to keep coming back to it, whereas in my larger days particularly post pregnancy I felt like I wasn't my natural weight so it was easier to lose it.

I'm just sick of starting diets and going off them a few days later, anyone else been here?
Should I just go for healthy eating instead and accept my size?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now