Talk

Advanced search

No thanks...I don't like chocolate/cake/biscuits

(10 Posts)
abundantlyclear Sat 05-Nov-16 22:03:22

So im giving up chocolate, cake, biscuits, chocolatey drinks or chocolate flavoured things. If I don't have them at all for long enough I should be able to program myself into not liking them and then I can no longer binge on them.
As of monday I no longer 'like' them and although I know I will feel murderous at first, I cannot be trusted to just 'eat one' ever. Its always been all or nothing. I'm choosing nothing, for the sake of my bum size.

Anyone else want to join me?

Balonder Sat 05-Nov-16 23:40:53

I would love to do that but don't know where to start. Happy to join you though

nooka Sat 05-Nov-16 23:53:30

Saw this on 'last 15 mins' and didn't spot it was in weight loss chat. I thought it might be about someone feeling aggrieved at having their nice thing rejected as I'm sure I've seen a few AIBU about similar topics. Personally I think it's a bit rude to say 'I don't like' about food, especially if it's home made. I generally say 'no thanks, I don't have much of a sweet tooth' seems to work well without causing any hard feelings.

Good luck OP!

abundantlyclear Sun 06-Nov-16 07:03:11

Balonder- I would love to have someone joining me in this. Accountability is a big factor for success I feel. Im hoping to change my mindset around sweet foods rather than going back on just another short lived diet.

Nooka- You're right. I think I've seen threads on people refusing food quite rudely. I think the 'I dont like' is more what I need to be thinking but if I'm lucky enough for someone to offer homemade cake then I would phrase it differently smile

GizmoFrisby Sun 06-Nov-16 07:08:34

I find if I don't buy cakes/biscuits then I'm less likely to eat them. I'm not overweight in fact probably underweight but if I had biscuits in the house i could easily eat a pill pack dunked in my brewhmm

GizmoFrisby Sun 06-Nov-16 07:09:13

Full not pill

PosiePootlePerkins Sun 06-Nov-16 07:14:13

Come and join us on the NoS diet thread. No snacks, seconds or sweet things except for days beginning with S ie weekends and special days like birthdays. It is a slow weight loss program, I am losing around half a pound a week, but I am doing it to sort out my poor relationship with food. There's a website which tells you most of what you need to know.
The reason it is working for me is that although I am really good in the week, I have a release valve at the weekend, so it is manageable. I have tried so many times to just go cold turkey and always end up failing.

abundantlyclear Sun 06-Nov-16 07:31:49

Thanks posie - hope it's okay for me to pop over onto the other thread then. Maybe Balondie will want to also? It sounds like you're doing really well altering your eating habits Posie, well done!

Gizmo - a full pack of biscuits with a cup of tea is practically heaven for me! But you're quite right. Except I have a few bits like that in the cupboard for the children so I must be strong enough to refuse them.

GizmoFrisby Sun 06-Nov-16 07:49:59

I can't help it. We have a farm shop about 5 mins away from our house and there's always home made cakes and shortbreads. I am such a greedy cow when it comes to sweet stuff.
So I've had to stop myself from going there because I can't stop myself buying them. And I won't just buy one cake, il buy 3 and nibble through them instead of eating proper meals blush

abundantlyclear Sun 06-Nov-16 09:32:14

That's just what I do Gizmo....don't have to be embarrassed about it on this thread though. I suspect anyone on here has similar tendencies smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now