Portion control - when will I stop feeing hungry?!

(5 Posts)
Fennwalker Tue 18-Oct-16 13:17:54

Just that really. I have been eating correct sized portions at meals times with no snacks rather than the just continuous amounts of food I used to eat.

I'm confident I have the sizes right but I still feel hungry a fair amount of the time, I just wondered if anyone had any experience of how long it takes the body to adjust?

I'm also drinking water as I know dehydration can make you hungry.

Toffeelatteplease Wed 19-Oct-16 16:44:40

I think portion size and no snacking works for some people...

However I have snacked and eaten huge plates of food through 4 stone of weight loss. But the plates are mostly veg and everything still fits my calorie allowance. Couldn't have done it without my fitness pal

Find a way of eating that works for you.

Loubilou09 Wed 19-Oct-16 19:29:00

Ditch the carbs and within a couple of days you won't feel hungry and you won't have to portion control

popcornpaws Mon 24-Oct-16 12:35:22

Can i just say that feeling hungry is normal if you're not overeating.
I also fill up on veg with my meals but will still feel hungry before my next meal but it doesn't bother me, better that than feeling bloated.

Fennwalker Mon 24-Oct-16 13:05:54

When I'm eating the correct portions I just feel hungry all the time. Even just after I've eaten! Maybe it's psychological.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now