Talk

Advanced search

New week, new start.

(11 Posts)
Letmesleepalready Mon 26-Sep-16 05:30:36

I've been meaning to lose weight all year (well longer) but instead the weight has crept on and on.
So this weekend I bought some exercise DVDs, and I really want to eat so much healthier. I'm also thinking of doing a month free alcohol.
I've got at least 15kgs to lose, and a massive belly to shrink!
Today is officially my first day. (And hopefully my last first day too!)

OP’s posts: |
thenewaveragebear1983 Mon 26-Sep-16 06:12:53

Me too! Starting again (again again) as I keep doing really well and then splurging all weekend!

Letmesleepalready Mon 26-Sep-16 07:04:41

Starting the morning with left over soup. It's actually nice and warming and probably more filling than my usual cereals.

thenewaveragebear1983 Mon 26-Sep-16 09:33:49

Soup for breakfast?! Sounds errr.....delicious?confused
You have reminded me though, I have lots of veg to use and I was going to get the soup maker out! Lunch sorted!

Letmesleepalready Mon 26-Sep-16 09:39:23

Haha, can't say I'd usually have it, but it was quite nice!
Just back from the school run and already snacking... I'm going to have to get a lock for the kitchen!

Pythonesque Mon 26-Sep-16 09:53:30

Unfortunately cutting out alcohol won't do it for me as I don't drink much. Cutting out chocolate and crisps would help but I don't have the self-control. Planning my meals ahead of time will help but I keep not doing it ...

thenewaveragebear1983 Mon 26-Sep-16 10:08:17

Snacks are the killer for me too, we have a kitchen/lounge through room so I basically spend my whole day in the kitchen! The only way is to just not buy anything snacky, but I need to for lunch boxes - I'm a terrible boredom eater. I've been up since 5 with a grouchy baby and the biscuit tin is already calling......

Letmesleepalready Tue 27-Sep-16 19:45:46

Well it's not been a great start of the week! How on earth am I meant to lose weight if I have no self control? Tomorrow is another day and all that, just wish something would click!

thiscannotberight Thu 29-Sep-16 13:38:12

How about an aim of 12kg by Christmas...I've lost a fair bit already and have plenty of treats at the weekend. As long as the week is structured for me I have found letting my hair down at the weekend has not actually stopped me losing. Want to step up a gear for last 12kg (lost 23kg already.

Letmesleepalready Sun 02-Oct-16 07:26:35

Ended the week with some more sensible food choices, and lost almost a kg. Obviously this rate won't last, but it made me happy grin

myjsglobal Tue 04-Oct-16 06:52:00

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in