Talk

Advanced search

Weightloss in 10 weeks

(16 Posts)
BeBe32 Sun 25-Sep-16 16:49:37

Hi everyone,

I am so unmotivated at the moment and have lost count of how many 'fresh starts' I have made. I am the biggest I have been in a long time and feel really low about it. In December I am going on holiday and at the moment I am dreading it. Last time I went to the same place last year I was so much slimmer. As of tomorrow it is 10 weeks until I go so how much have you lost in 10 weeks? Or how much do you think I could lose in that time? I'm hoping to motivate myself by convincing myself it's not too late to make a big difference!

xxx

pinkieandperkie Sun 25-Sep-16 16:54:03

I start my diet everyday but have failed by lunch time. In ten weeks you could lose 20 pounds. That would make a huge difference. Motivation and willpower required of which I have none. Good luck to you.

Ninasimoneinthemorning Sun 25-Sep-16 17:01:15

Make small changes first.

Could you go a day with no sugar?

BeBe32 Sun 25-Sep-16 18:11:53

Thanks for your replies. I've tried all sorts in the past but the thing I had the most success with was just calorie counting. I don't think I eat too much sugar anyway. I just don't know how get myself to commit once and for all.

xx

Howlongtillbedtime Sun 25-Sep-16 18:16:42

I started weight watchers last week and lost half a stone but i have struggled over the weekend . I really need to not fail . I am sick of starting a diet and doing well for a week or two and then ruining it all .

Would be good to have company of you fancy .

weeccsaltire Sun 25-Sep-16 18:24:59

I started sliming world in Feb so for I've lost 2 and a half stone. Slimming world has lots of free foods so you can eat and eat and eat but still lose. During my time doing this healthy eating plan I have had a 2 week all inclusive holiday and just enjoyed whatever I wanted so without that it would actually be a bigger loss. Some people lose 10 lbs in there first week its a great start and motivator.

pinkieandperkie Mon 26-Sep-16 09:58:50

Bebe are you starting your ten week plan today seeing as it's Monday! I'm the same as you with willpower but today I am giving it a go. I've weighed myself and I'm 10st 13 pounds and I need to lose two stone. I'm going to the supermarket to get some healthy food in a bit. I'm going to cut out all the junk food and sugar and go easy on the carbs. Pray for me smile

thiscannotberight Fri 30-Sep-16 07:55:59

20lbs in 10 eeeks is very doable and would make a massive difference. That's my aim too. Lost 3 since Monday. You can do this!

thiscannotberight Fri 30-Sep-16 08:11:25

*weeks

BeBe32 Sat 01-Oct-16 11:56:13

Hi All

Apologies for the delay in replying. Well done to those of you doing well. I haven't been well this week so the diet went out the window. I have weighed myself this morning and I am the heaviest I have been in ages and have regained nearly all the weight I lost before. I am so upset and feel like such a failure. Can't believe I have to do it all again. And now only weeks to go...

xx

BeBe32 Sat 01-Oct-16 12:02:10

*9 weeks

walruswhiskers Sat 01-Oct-16 12:05:50

I'd recommend Louise Parker Lean for Life. It's only a book, no DVDs/YouTube etc but it is so doable and you see results v fast. It combines reducing carbs with exercise (combination of high intensity and Pilates-type moves) but only 20 mins exercise per day which is v achievable. The food is tasty and filling (3 meals and 2 snacks every day) and quite varied. I've been on it just over 2 weeks, have lost 6lbs and a total of 7 inches from bust, waist, hips and thighs. And I've not stuck to it religiously - had a Chinese takeaway and wine last night.

walruswhiskers Sat 01-Oct-16 12:07:06

The book would tell you you'd lose 2 dress sizes in that 9 weeks and I really believe it given what I've seen so far. And I have always been a serial dieter - last 3 days and then fall off the waggon. Try it.

BeBe32 Sun 02-Oct-16 09:49:10

Thanks! I've never heard of Louise Parker - I'll look it up!

Any other tips welcome!

xx

wowfudge Sun 02-Oct-16 21:00:05

I've lost 21lbs in eleven weeks. I've been doing the 8 week blood sugar diet as I had put on a lot of weight in the last year and my eating habits were terrible - lots of sugar and crap. My goal was to lose as much as possible before a big event in three weeks' time. After the first six weeks I haven't stuck to it as rigidly, but have still lost weight. When I haven't stuck to it I haven't wanted to eat as much as I would have in the past. I feel a lot better and am so glad I've done it.

wowfudge Mon 03-Oct-16 08:03:46

You asked for tips and I forgot mine: don't weigh yourself constantly. I find I don't stick to things properly if I think I have strayed but got away with it. Once a month is enough for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now