Talk

Advanced search

Are there any vegans around?

(4 Posts)
Misssss Tue 23-Aug-16 10:01:10

I used to be a vegan, only for about 9 months but I got to the smallest size I can ever remember. I'm seriously thinking of becoming vegan again. Mainly for Heath reasons but also ethical ones.

People who are vegans now- have you found any major benefits? Improved health, weight loss?

MadameCholetsDirtySecret Tue 23-Aug-16 10:22:55

I used to be vegetarian but am now vegan. I feel much better now I don't eat dairy. I used to get dreadfully bloated if I ate yogurt or cheese. I don't eat wheat very much either. Perhaps once every two weeks and that helps too.

I don't have a big appetite at the best of times so haven't ever been a big eater, but I do feel much more comfortable being vegan.

NantucketNightbird Wed 24-Aug-16 08:52:25

I'm vegan for ethical reasons (was vegetarian from age 10 for 21years prior to goi g vegan). I've pretty much eaten a vegan diet since January and lost over 4st but I've made the complete change now, as in no ice cream on a day out. No cheese on holiday etc.
I definitely feel so much better for it

OrchidFlakes Tue 30-Aug-16 09:07:37

Can you recommend any vega cook books? I'm about to embark on ring a gluten free vegan and could use some assistance!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now