This is a Premium feature
To use this feature subscribe to Mumsnet Premium - get first access to new features see fewer ads, and support Mumsnet.Start using Mumsnet Premium
Meal plan.(4 Posts)
Looking for some help. I have 6st to lose so I am starting to meal plan and eating healthy. Just bought myself a kettlebell and have workout vids on YouTube that I will be doing for 30 mins 5 days a week, plus lots of walking. I have the exercise sorted however my eating habits are horrific and I don't really know what's healthy anymore.
I need a week's meal plan full of healthy meals and snacks. I am looking for meals for the family, DP, DD7, DS5 and myself. We will eat almost anything except fish which we will only eat cod and tuna.
I know the main problems, when the kids are in bed I am snacking whilst watching tv, my portion control is horrendous and the food I am eating is no good.
I need your help please.
Oh and my budget is £80 for the week.
If you decide on a calorie level, you will easily find plans online (eg prevention.com) and then you can adapt to your tastes
To make it family friendly - It might help for you to cut out carbs at dinner (I do think low carb helps, but even if you don't they have a lot of calories vs teplacing with veg) and serve the carbs to rest of family
To stop the night time snacking you could try:
- dinner much later (this is my tactic, a light dinner 1 hr before bed) - I have a big snack at 4 so I can hold out - banana, Greek yogurt and few nuts usually, approx 250 cals
- if that's no good, PLAN a nightly snack that you like as long as it's 100-200 calories and have that only (even if it's chocolate - if you plan something reasonable it's better than not having a plan and eating a lot more)
- if you have to 'pick' carrots won't do much damage
- brushing teeth straight after dinner helps too
- half the plate with veg will fill you up
Please login first.