Calorie counting

(3 Posts)
RavioliOnToast Tue 19-Jul-16 17:17:57

What kind of food s should I eat if I start calorie counting. Now I go away in 6 weeks and while I'm not expecting miracles I'd like to lose a few lbs. I plan on starting tomorrow and will introduce the 30 day shred 2/3 times a week on Thursday.

Also, where can I find out how many calories I should be eating?

dun1urkin Tue 19-Jul-16 17:28:27

Find out how many calories you need by googling TDEE. TDEE is the amount you need to stay the same weight, so knock circa 20% off that. Don't eat extra calories for exercise, as your TDEE includes activity levels.
As for what to eat, my preferred method is a combination of calorie dense highly satiating food (high fat/protein) and lots of calorie light food (veg)
The best diet is one you can stick to smile

PassTheSatsumas Thu 21-Jul-16 21:42:21

I think this is all right - a 500 deficit daily would have you lose a pound a week, maybe try to do 300 by cutting food and 200 by exercise (a 30 min brisk walk would do it). It's been working for me - 12 pounds off in 5 weeks , down from spilling out of a 16 to a 14 in some of my clothes so it does work... Good luck !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now