Talk

Advanced search

Sugar

(4 Posts)
SweetPeaPods Thu 14-Jul-16 22:08:53

I really need to cut down on how much sugar I eat/ drink. Any tips?
What's the best way to cut it out of tea/coffee? I only have 1, would it just be best to drink less cups or try to stop adding it? I need more self control but determined to lose my mum tum

herethereandeverywhere Thu 14-Jul-16 22:12:24

A teaspoon of sugar only has 15 calories. If you need to lose a mum utm it's more than sugar in tea and coffee that needs worrying about. No snacking, portion control and if you must have a dessert then a small portion of fruit or yogurt.

SweetPeaPods Fri 15-Jul-16 07:50:23

No I don't have dessert. Just trying to reduce my sugar in general.

lifeofdino Fri 15-Jul-16 19:29:30

I read somewhere that it takes 20 tastes to get used to something so I just went cold turkey on the taking sugar in tea and coffee. It was vile for a while but I very quickly got used to it. I also cut out refined sugar which reduced my sweet tooth and sugar cravings massively. It was all part of a plan to lose lots of weight, which worked.

15 calories on it's own isn't a lot but they are empty calories (so what is the point in having them) and it depends on how many cups of tea or coffee you have a day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now