excess skin

(7 Posts)
iammamam Sat 25-Jun-16 08:57:05

I've lost 7stone 3 and dropped from size 22-8/10 and someone forgot to tell my skin confused

I have had 4 babies weighing between 7lb 9oz and 9lb 4oz so I do expect sagging but this is ridiculous angry

Is there anything that actually works?
I'm doing weights now to build the muscle which is supposed to help because the muscle will make it look a bit better but I'm hoping there's something i can use to help the skin a bit?

barney11 Tue 28-Jun-16 18:39:31

Well done on the weight loss! How did you do it? I'm hoping for a similar loss and i'm worried about excess skin. Have you investigated surgery? Not for everyone but as far as i'm aware this is the only real fix but costs £££££.

RunnerOnTheRun Wed 29-Jun-16 11:23:38

Unfortunately it is difficult to treat, what's happened is you probably dieted very quickly (correct me if I am wrong) and the skin didn't retract at the same speed.

TellMeDani Wed 29-Jun-16 13:41:12

Well done on your weight loss! So far I am just dressing to flatter and hide loose skin which is mainly round my tummy. I wear spanx type pants pretty much all the time otherwise a lot of clothes feel awful.

Next I'm working on posture and toning, I've already cut out foods that bloat as that just seems to make everything feel worse.

I did get very down and a trip to a nice underwear shop cheered me up massively, I bought a decent bra and getting my boobs up where they belonged and away from my tummy helped.

SantasLittleMonkeyButler Wed 29-Jun-16 13:49:19

Congratulations on your amazing weight loss! I have also lost 5st 5.5lbs (just over 2st left to go) and have started to notice the dreaded loose skin sad.

The Nip & Tuck cream helps a little bit (I got mine from Amazon), but it's no magic wand I'm afraid. Exercise also helps with tone but - again - doesn't seem to get rid of the problem.

I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that I will need some sort of surgery at some point in the future to put it right - although will be watching this thread with much interest to see what others suggest!

RepentAtLeisure Wed 29-Jun-16 17:09:40

I have read that skin will continue to tighten over time. For how long have you been at goal weight? Give it time, and keep moisturized and hydrated.

RepentAtLeisure Wed 29-Jun-16 17:11:31

*I didn't mean to comment as if I'm some kind of expert! I'm five stone from my goal weight and god knows if I'll ever get there. Well done for having such cast iron self control!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now