Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Packed lunches?!

(5 Posts)
FatPatricia Sun 19-Jun-16 14:51:37

Just about to start a new job along with my weight loss journey.. Hopefully for the last time. I have A LOT of weight to lose (7-8 stone regionblush)

I have never been in a job where I could have regular meals and am quite looking forward to it, however have no idea what to take for lunch. The main issues I face are the fact that I'm a fussy eater (plain-ish foods, no salad, no cold pasta/rice) and that my budget for food isn't massive.

Any suggestions as to what healthy, diet friendly things I could take would be much appreciated if anyone has any ideas?

JemimaMuddledUp Sun 19-Jun-16 14:57:29

If you like sandwiches then wraps or sandwich thins are lower calorie than two slices of bread. Fill them with something high in protein eg egg or tuna with low fat mayo.

Do you have a microwave in work? If you do then you can take leftovers from the night before and reheat.

FlopIsMyParentingGuru Sun 19-Jun-16 14:58:54

I would echo the advice to take leftovers. They are often more filling for the calories they "cost" than a regular sandwich type lunch.

Dakin1 Sun 19-Jun-16 15:02:30

Sweet potato if you have a microwave.

If you don't like salad how about roasting some veggies and having them with poached salmon, chicken breast or tuna?

Tortilla would be filling and healthy.

kormachameleon Sun 19-Jun-16 15:08:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now