Talk

Advanced search

When I stand up I look 7 months pregnant but when I lie down my stomach dips below my hip bones a bit. Is that normal?

(6 Posts)
AnthonyPandy Thu 16-Jun-16 22:18:32

Or is it bloating? I don't feel bloated I don't think.

AnthonyPandy Fri 17-Jun-16 20:24:16

Bump for Friday night people.

1frenchfoodie Sat 18-Jun-16 15:44:39

Could it be loose abdominals? If tensing your lower stomach muscles (as opposed to sucking your stomach in) brings your tummy to a flatter position this could be the case. I'm no expert though - I just happen to have had separated abdominals post birth and seen 1) the result, which is similar that what you describe and 2) the impact of core exercises.

AnthonyPandy Sat 18-Jun-16 22:48:58

Erm, maybe! What core exercises should I do then? For how long and when should I start to see a benefit?

chanice Sat 18-Jun-16 22:52:16

This is me also

1frenchfoodie Sun 19-Jun-16 08:02:26

There are 100s of results for equipment free core exercises on google. Bearing in mind the exercises my physio gave me were for post birth I started gently - pelvic tilts, bridges and simply tightening my lower abs for a count of 10. Each exercise was in sets of 10 approx 4-6x a day. I then progressed to squats with a swiss ball between my back and the wall. Crunches, planks, sit-ups etc, performed correctly will work your core as will running if you are more into cardio. Various leg raises performed on your back and side also have a beneficial effect but with a 3 month old I'm not looking for perfection right now smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now