Talk

Advanced search

I did it!!! Dusted off the cross trainer and

(11 Posts)
Absolutelynothingelse Tue 14-Jun-16 10:33:19

Did 30 mins and 12k smile

After being called a fat cow yesterday I decided today I will get on the cross trainer, now my back is better, and get rid of those pounds.
I've been feeling really bloated after eating loads of carbs the last 2 weeks plus I can't fit into most of my already oversize summer dresses so I'll be cutting down on the carbs and double whammy my weight loss.

Wish me luck and please join me smile

Absolutelynothingelse Tue 14-Jun-16 10:36:49

The endorphins kicked in so I'm happy

I was only going to do 10 mins on the crosstrainer but my body was happy to go to 12k which was 30 mins. Once I started getting out of breath a bit I thought well if I keep going till my body tells me to stop, which it did, so I did, then I'll be getting a good cardio workout.

I'm delighted I've finally crossed that exercise hurdle, it's taken a while but I'm going to fully embrace it.

iMatter Tue 14-Jun-16 11:25:08

Well done!

But who the hell called you a fat cow? angry

CrazyDuchess Tue 14-Jun-16 11:28:03

well done you!

twobambinos Tue 14-Jun-16 11:28:23

Well done. Keep up the good work.

Absolutelynothingelse Tue 14-Jun-16 12:44:01

A horrible woman who lives around the corner.

I was more upset that I'd put on so much weight that someone could use that as an insult against me as opposed to being called it.

I'm 5 6' and a size 16 although I'm more of an 18 now so now is the time for action.

For lunch I've eaten a bowl of lettuce, mozzarella cheese, ham, tomato, avocado followed by strawberries and grapes and a black coffee.

I've also bought berrocca for when I feel tired so I don't snack like usual.

Hopelass Tue 14-Jun-16 12:54:39

Brilliant, well done you! Turning what that nasty woman said into such a positive shows how strong you are!

Drogon Tue 14-Jun-16 14:57:37

Well done you! I wish I had the motivation to exercise (ex-jogger here!) but I'm just too embarrassed blush

Focusing on the diet instead and, I know it sounds cheesy, but nothing feels better than when you clean up your eating and feel healthier for it (plus I can fit in my clothes again, yey!)

Keep up the good work grin

Absolutelynothingelse Tue 14-Jun-16 15:05:26

That's why I have a cross trainer in the corner of my living room, and even then I haven't used it for a year shock

You could go for a brisk walk instead of jogging to gear yourself up

Drogon Tue 14-Jun-16 15:34:27

I would love a cross trainer, pretty sure my downstairs neighbour wouldn't though grin

I know, I really should walk more (I get the bus to work when it would take 30 minutes to walk there!) I have no excuse, apart from I'm just plain lazy sad

SandyY2K Wed 22-Jun-16 22:15:20

Good luck. I have a cross trainer that hasn't been used for a while either .... but I've joined a gym and go 4 times a week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now