Talk

Advanced search

Protein shakes?

(5 Posts)
Amy214 Sun 12-Jun-16 17:33:59

I have been looking at drinking protein shakes. I work out 3x a week. My workout regime mainly consists of cardio tabata, strength (upper arms, shoulders and triceps) - this has worked because i feel more comfortable with showing arms. I also do abs but that depends on how tired i am after cardio. I don't work out whilst on my period as for some reason it hurts my pelvis too much (gentle walk instead)
I eat between 1200-1500 calories a day.
Since january i have lost 2stone (another stone to go until i have reached my goal!)
I dont want to lose the rest too fast but now i want to start toning up so i have been reading into protein shakes but i am unsure if they actually work or if i can have them whilst on the contraceptive pill.

jennielou75 Sun 12-Jun-16 20:57:39

They don't affect contraception at all. I used them after bariatric surgery and am using them one meal a day to get back on track. I use usn or maxi lean ones as they have no added fat or sugar.

Amy214 Sun 12-Jun-16 21:33:19

Thats good to know, i get paranoid about things affecting my contraception as i dont want anymore children. And i don't want to use them if they do more harm than good. Could i add fruit to them?

jennielou75 Sun 12-Jun-16 21:49:34

They taste better when you do! I always have chocolate and add frozen berries and blitz them.

Amy214 Mon 13-Jun-16 15:36:03

Im looking forward to experimenting! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now