Talk

Advanced search

Whole 30. Anyone done it? Started yesterday.

(2 Posts)
minifingerz Tue 07-Jun-16 17:23:58

here I've heard it described as 'Paleo on crack' grin

The long and short of it is: no grains, no legumes, no refined sugar (or substitutes like maple syrup ect), no dairy, no sweeteners, no weird little brownies made with almond flour etc. Just eggs, fruit, veg, meat, fish, nuts (other than peanuts). Cold pressed oils are fine, spices and herbs fine. You do it for a month and most people lose weight and a disproportionate number of inches.

I want to do it because I like low-carb non-calorie counting, but can't manage without fruit.

Today and yesterday have been pretty easy. I made my coffee with coconut milk, which was fine, bypassed the sugar (not so fine but I'll get used to it), and ate lots of nice things. Dinner tonight is roast chicken with a pile of veg. Lunch was smoked mackerel, last night's dinner griddled salmon with mango salsa and asparagus, snacks are fruit mainly, not too much.

But I'm knackered today! Wondering if it's a side effect of the diet. Hope it passes soon.

Has anyone else done this?

Moanranger Wed 08-Jun-16 20:35:47

I tried this last summer & I had a chronic headache the whole time, so came off. I like the recipes, but it is not a regime that would work for me to lose weight. I cannot eat loads of fat and fruit & lose weight. For me it is either, protein, very little fat, a bit of fruit & veg, or else v strict Atkins with no dairy & of course no fruit, except maybe a handful of berries.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now