Binge Eating - Feel unable to Stop

(3 Posts)
crankyblob Tue 07-Jun-16 12:30:39

In general I eat really well and as a result I am not overweight (by much anyway).

BUT

At least once a week, I get an overwhelming urge to binge eat where I will literally eat 10 biscuits and 2 packets of crisps in one sitting.

I don't eat crisps and chocolate the rest of the week and don't even crave it in general but I will get this sudden onset craving (sometimes straight after lunch) and I seem unable to stop myself from doing it. I then spend the rest of the day feeling ill from the sugar and promising myself never to do it again.

I don't have any MH issues that I am aware of that is leading me to eat this way. In general I am very happy in life so not emotional eating.

We have always had a "moderate" approach to eating in our house and so I would not remove the goodies from the children to stop myself.

I know it is easy to say just don't do it but I tell myself this all of the time and yet I still do! How do I fight this crave to binge? It is like I literally want to eat myself sick!

BatLetRat Wed 08-Jun-16 23:02:27

I'm not sure I'd worry about ten biscuits and a couple of bags of crisps once s week to be honest

Ottosaurus Wed 08-Jun-16 23:10:19

I understand this as I do it myself. I might eat a few cakes, or a few bags of crisps, or eat a second dinner. all of this makes me put on weight. it's making me really sad but it is compulsive and I can't stop it. to some it might not seem much food.. but like you I acknowledge it is a problem, I just don't know what to do to get help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now