Talk

Advanced search

Am going to lose 4 stone-wanna join me?

(193 Posts)
Agadooo Wed 20-Apr-16 12:55:27

I'm at my heaviest ever-5'4" and 15 stone so I need to lose 4/5 stone. I've lost a couple of stone many times then get bored and put it all back on again but this time I'm determined and am going to take one day at a time. I started on Monday and all good so far-anyone want to join me and we could motivate each other and post meal suggestions if it would help?

pyrowall Wed 20-Apr-16 14:56:48

I'll join you
Also 5'4'' but a stone heavier
I need to lose baby weight - who's a year old and it's still there!!
I'm a slimming world member and I've just started listening to the gastric band hypnosis app again (not sure it worked last time!)
I weigh in on a Monday too!
I want to lose a stone before the end on June - I have an important event
Then a further stone before mid-August

Do you have any thing coming up to aim for?

Agadooo Wed 20-Apr-16 15:00:34

Excellent-hey there-I'm aiming for 2 stone by my holiday mid July then another 2 stone by end of the year-not sure that's feasible but shall try. You stick to slimming world? I'm doing the Rosemary Conley way which is nothing over 4% fat. Good so far but only been 2 days lol!

originalusernamefail Wed 20-Apr-16 15:10:29

Me please! 5'4" and currently 14st 8 lb. Will post more later as DS crying for a feed.

pyrowall Wed 20-Apr-16 15:24:22

Before children I lost 4 stone with SW but I've put 2.5st back on - 4 stone loss is my ultimate aim but I'd be very happy with just getting back to where I was when I got married!
I find SW easy but I've not been sticking to it TBH and I've stop paying attention in group which doesn't help!
I just need to be stricter with myself and stop with the crap!

parky123 Wed 20-Apr-16 15:26:10

Me too. 5 foot 4 start weight 15 stone, I've been on the Exante diet for 12 days so far and have lost 9lbs. Lost 4 stone on Cambridge before and kept it off for 3 years but need to get back to it now!

pyrowall Wed 20-Apr-16 15:42:27

parky - I've done slim&save which is similar to Exante but my blood pressure dropped like a stone and I fainted in the shower!

red333 Wed 20-Apr-16 16:18:27

I'm in. Currently on slimming world and lost 1stone 9lb. Have another 3+ stone to lose.

CoveredInBeeees Wed 20-Apr-16 16:24:43

Oh can I join in please?
Had second baby 3 weeks ago and really want to get fit and healthy. Am 5'9" and 210lbs, and ideal weight is around 140 so that's around 4 stone to lose.
Planning to cut out sugar, up the veg, and start running 3-4 mornings a week. Also considering the 5:2 diet too.

PoochiePoo Wed 20-Apr-16 16:28:34

Can I join too? I'm the same height and weight as you OP. I actually started my fitness and healthy eating drive yesterday and have got up 30 mins early to do an exercise video before getting ready for work and DD sorted for school. We can do this!!!

BerrySquash Wed 20-Apr-16 17:10:28

Hello smile Can I join? Im 15 stone, would like to go back down to around 8 stone. Im hoping to lose half a stone each month hmm

Agadooo Wed 20-Apr-16 18:53:24

Hi everyone-right lets do this-poochie-wow ur good doing exercise in the morning!never heard of exante parky-shl need to google. I've decided I need to plan the night before and write down everything I plan to eat the next day and their calories. So do you all want to use this to write down everything u eat each day so we can compare or not?

BerrySquash Thu 21-Apr-16 07:28:58

Morning,

Today I'm going to walk to (and from) school. It's only ten mins away, but I've been driving and using "we'll be late if we walk" as an excuse, even though by the time we all get in/out of the car and find somewhere to park it takes just as long. Then 45 min aquafit (I went last week for the first time). We have a couple of leftover quorn,rice and pepper wraps from last night which I'll have for lunch. Then for dinner I'll have a very small portion of whatever I make everyone for dinner.

Weighed myself yesterday and I was 14.13, which means I've lost 2lbs since last week and I lost 2lbs the week before that.

Green tea is supposed to be good when losing weight, it's nice with honey. Also lots of water smile

PoochiePoo Thu 21-Apr-16 08:35:56

Well my being good the last 2 days and getting up to do exercise video failed this morning. Literally cannot move as result of yesterday's haha smile. Will see how I get on during the day then may have a go tonight. We bought a Spiralizer recently so will pop to supermarket on lunch break and get some courgettes and will probably make a sauce with tinned tomatoes, chilli, etc. for dinner tonight. Lunch will hopefully be something reasonably healthy from supermarket trip! Good luck today folks!

Agadooo Thu 21-Apr-16 21:07:28

Berry-did you do your walking to school n Aquafit?
Poochie-hope manages tonwall
today n not too sore lol!
I'm doing good so far and almost finished 4 days with no junk lol- had weetabix for breakfast, tangerine n grapes and a cottage cheese salad for lunch then quorn, veg n noodle stir fry for dinner.

BerrySquash Sat 23-Apr-16 07:24:04

I went for a short walk and did aquafit. Ate sensibly too. How are you getting on? Your meal plan sounds great!

Yesterday didn't go to great, walked to school but ate a lot!! So bit disappointed in myself but can't expect to never slip up.Will just have to do lots or walking today to make up for it.

Hows everyone else getting on?

pyrowall Sat 23-Apr-16 08:03:09

Can't do worse than me berry - I had a cheese and bread for dinner - not on SW by any stretch!

happydollplease Mon 25-Apr-16 11:23:58

I'll join you too! 5ft4, weigh 14st 1. Last year my starting weight was 18st 10 so I've done well but in a bit of a rut at the minute. Would love to get to 10 stone.

Today I am starting a fresh after a terrible food weekend (ignoring the 3 bourbons I've eaten for breakfast ha). Fingers crossed for some results smile

pyrowall Mon 25-Apr-16 11:40:26

It's weigh in today for me - I'll update after 9 when I'm back from group

All the signs are positive at present - the scales are suggesting between 2-3lb off!!

I had a couple of fantastic days last week that I've not been able to reproduce because REASONS!

How is everyone else?

Agadooo Mon 25-Apr-16 12:50:35

Week 1 weigh in - I've lost 5 pounds !!!!!!!!!!!! I know it's more than normal coz it's the first week but I'm delighted and have just been a fast walk and had lunch of tuna on wholemeal toast with cherry tomatoes and a small bag of apricots. Good luck pyro wall! Happydoll-wow at how much weight youve lost-that's AMAZING-you can sooo do this x

happydollplease Mon 25-Apr-16 18:12:37

Thank you! Still so big it doesn't feel like I've lost any though. Feeling very determined this week, salad every day for dinner and homemade doner meat and salad for tea, yum.

Well done on the 5lbs that's brilliant ☺

pyrowall Mon 25-Apr-16 19:29:37

5lb that's bloody amazing Agadooo!!

Well the verdict is in and it's 3,5lb off!!!

Agadooo Mon 25-Apr-16 20:00:02

Thanks - although now feeling bad as had second helping of shepherds pie for dinner which I sooo didn't need but am hoping as its only monday the scales won't remember about it at next weigh in lol! Well done Pyrowall-3.5 lbs is excellent!! First week down halo. Happy doll, I know what u mean coz still got lots to lose but to have already lost soooo much is excellent-bet when you were 18 stone you'd have given anything to be 14 lol!

DaughterDrowningInJunk Mon 25-Apr-16 20:19:11

Hi, can I join? I have a bit more than 4st to lose, but 4st would be a start! I've lost 2lbs since last week, which isn't a huge amount but I am pleased. I am not following any particular regime but I have cut my portion sizes and I have started running.

pyrowall Mon 25-Apr-16 20:31:28

Welcome drowning!
It doesn't matter how much you lose in any particular week just that the trend is downwards!!
I wish I had the inclination to start running - I have the feeling it might be something I enjoyed but I'm far too lazy (and I don't like being cold and wet!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now