Talk

Advanced search

Best diet for losing weight while ttc

(4 Posts)
LadyAntonella Tue 19-Apr-16 21:05:14

I'm 5'8", about 4 kilos overweight and am about to start TTC DC2 (woo)! I know losing weight will make it easier to conceive and will make for a healthier pregnancy so am determined to do so. I have lost weight in the past through 5:2 and Low Carb but I keep reading online that these mightn't be the best while TTC.

Can anyone tell me differently re LC and 5:2 or suggest anything else?

I have tried WW and SW in the past but find the food diaries / counting syns or points a pain and lose interest. It's weird actually as I don't mind counting carbs confused.

Old fashioned calorie counting maybe?

Any advice much appreciated.

RunnerOnTheRun Fri 22-Apr-16 11:02:13

Hi,

Essentially LC and 5:2 are similar in that they both reduce your calories dramatically and you lose some weight, you will lose both muscle, water and some fat by doing this and you will regain it all plus more when you stop/become pregnant.

Your best bet is to have a stable diet, focus on real whole foods, low carb is good. Keep your starchy carbs (brown rice, sweet potato) and of course keep the fruit. It will naturally drop off if you do this, you don't need a plan, or apps or fancy names. You just need to be sensible and reign in the processed foods, take aways, alcohol, bread and cakes. etc.

Good luck!

AuntieStella Fri 22-Apr-16 11:16:26

Portion control on a balanced diet is probably your best bet.

I find a tracker like MFP helps. I've only recently started using it, thinking I wouldn't take to inputting everything, but it's been much easier than I expected.

atuttAteam Wed 04-May-16 17:54:54

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now