Talk

Advanced search

Nhs health trainer referral ?

(3 Posts)
ichoosesleep Tue 19-Apr-16 12:16:37

So today my GP recommends I see the health trainer that works up at my doctors surgery. Has anyone ever used this service and what should I expect from them?

JennyOnAPlate Tue 19-Apr-16 12:42:06

I was referred by my GP not long after I had dd2 because of my weight. I'm sorry to say that I found it spectacularly unhelpful. I guess it would have been useful if I hadn't already known that fruit is healthy and chocolate isn't, but I already knew what healthy eating looked like.

ichoosesleep Tue 19-Apr-16 14:06:37

That's what I'm wondering what else they are going to do for me other than tell me what I should be eating. My diet is brilliant and healthy and I get enough exercise but my problem with weight is eating takeaways and wine at the weekend and undoing all my hard work all week. I taken 2 steps forward and 3 steps back since New Year's Day and I know that is down to just giving in to takeaways and wine. So technically it's the addiction I need to sort out but would they help with that ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now