Talk

Advanced search

What is a bulletproof coffee supposed to do for me?

(3 Posts)
DaughterDrowningInJunk Sat 16-Apr-16 13:12:48

And how do you make one? I have seen them mentioned on here before, and I have being doing youtube exercise videos and a couple of people on there suggest bulletproof coffees but I'm not really sure why.

Do you have to blend it? I have just tried to have a cup of coffee with a spoonful of coconut oil stirred in and it was absolutely foul and I had to pour it away. I didn't put any butter in. I like my coffee hot and if I poured it into a blender and then into a cup it would be too cold for my tastes.

Notsoskinnyminny Sat 16-Apr-16 18:20:01

You can make it with either instant or filter coffee although I prefer filter. To start with I'd use 1tsp coconut oil and 1tsp butter and then build up. I add the coffee, give it a quick whizz with a stick blender and put it in the microwave for 15 seconds as I hate cold coffee. I now prefer it to coffee with milk.

DaughterDrowningInJunk Sun 17-Apr-16 17:05:40

Thank you. I didn't try it again today but I think I will follow the advice to build up slowly while I get used to it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now