Talk

Advanced search

This is the LAST day!

(7 Posts)
SupSlick Sat 02-Apr-16 21:50:15

Okay, I am hyping myself up here. I have decided this is the last day I am an obese mess. I have decided this is the last day I don't do anything about my weight or health.

I'm 5'6 and pre-getting knocked up I was 10.5 stone. Full term preggers I was 14 stone. Post-pushing a child out my cracker, I went down to just under 11 stone.

DS is now 3. I am now 14 stone AGAIN. Nothing fits. I have a gut. An actual gut. My thighs chafe. I get congratulated on my pregnancy when I'm not even pregnant. I tried on lingerie the other day & nearly needed lube & a shoe horn just the get the bloody thing back off.

Im one of those women that should never wear leggings but wears leggings because am I fuck going to try and zip anything up.

I drink cans of Coke constantly. I live next door to a fucking takeaway FGS & the woman who works there worries when she's not seen me for a day or two. She probably knows me better than most of my friends.

It's beyond a joke.

So I'm either having a midlife crisis or an epiphany because I've just bought a treadmill, signed up for a 5k in July, thrown out all the crap food in my house, bought a load of healthy foods & poured the beer away sob I've thrown out my cigs. I've blocked the JustEat website from my phone so I'm not tempted to order from next door on my card & I've deleted the dominoes app.

I can do this. I CAN do this. I've never had much self control in life (trust me) but I have done it before through running, caning the gym & sticking to a strict diet so I can do this.

Please tell me I can do this confusedblush

UnderTheGreenwoodTree Sat 02-Apr-16 21:59:57

Yes you can do this!

Consider joining a slimming club with a weekly weigh-in, it's amazing the difference it can make knowing you are going to be weighed. Slimming World, or Weightwatchers can be good.

pippistrelle Sat 02-Apr-16 22:00:28

I thought your thread was some sort of apocalypse thing from its title. I clicked on it as I thought if it's the end of the world, I might as well know about it, and eat a biscuit.

You sound very determined, and full of motivation, OP; the best possible frame of mind for this business. You can definitely do it.

SupSlick Sat 02-Apr-16 22:09:35

Ha if it's the end of the world, I'm fucked. Threw out all my non-perishables.

I need to not break out of this motivational mood because otherwise I'll end up going & getting prawn crackers.

SupSlick Mon 04-Apr-16 14:55:25

Lost 5 pounds in four days! Probably water weight but realising I have 5 stone to shed its something!

missapples Mon 04-Apr-16 15:59:40

Wo-hooooo well done mrs.

How are you feeling are you missing your treats? Have you stayed off the fags?

What are you eating? X

Wish I had your motivation

SupSlick Mon 04-Apr-16 16:38:51

I'm missing the cans of Coke more than the fags & takeaways!! I feel so tired without 4 litres of caffeine!

I'm eating porridge or smoothie or poached eggs for breakfast, soup or salad for lunch, and usually fish for tea with a jacket potato.

Not sure how balanced that is!

Currently trying to keep my toddler away from the treadmill blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now