Talk

Advanced search

weight gain with 30 day shred

(5 Posts)
Jmangel Wed 30-Mar-16 20:36:37

So I started 30 day shred 3 weeks ago after booking a holiday in June and panicking at thought of swimwear. My problem is tone and not weight - just saggy everywhere. So I started out at 8 stone 2 and 3 weeks later I'm 8 stone 8. I never gain weight and have been careful with eating. I am looking firmer a little bit so is this weight gain muscle? I really want to continue with the exercise as it's giving me loads of energy so maybe I should ditch the scales and just go off what I look like?

RunnerOnTheRun Wed 30-Mar-16 22:02:34

Definitely ditch the scales! They mean nothing! Well, they may mean you need a poo :-) Seriously, did you take before pics and measurements? That is the best marker.

Jmangel Thu 31-Mar-16 09:07:01

Thanks - yes will go off the mirror instead. Although my bum and legs are shaping up, my waist and tummy are looking thicker although definitely firmer. Just a bit confusing - although I love the 30 day shred exercises, I don't necessarily want to look like Jillian. I think I'll add some callisthenics moves after it to make sure I'm lengthening out not just bulking up.

RunnerOnTheRun Thu 31-Mar-16 10:22:09

It's all about the stretch! Hold the pigeon pose, any yoga poses (follow a youtube basics stretching routine) you'll be AMAZED how they lean you out. Also cut the sugar (sorry) and up the water :-)

Jmangel Thu 31-Mar-16 19:37:30

Thanks. Never done yoga but maybe now it's time. I am terrible with sugar and don't drink enough water - do you know me?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now