Talk

Advanced search

This isn't possible, is it? What has gone wrong?!

(15 Posts)
AbelMancwitch Mon 21-Mar-16 09:24:43

Oh god, am so fed up. I stuck to Diet Chef last week and registered every calorie I ate with MFP from Mon-Fri. My fitbit told me I had a calorie deficit of 3.5k calories. I relaxed a bit at the weekend, but I didn't relax into ten boxes of chocolates, I didn't go over 2000cals per day.

I'VE PUT ON 4LBS.

sad sad sad

Since Friday, 4lbs. I figure, there's either something wrong with my scales, or there's something wrong with me.

And this has now really depressed me, and I'm thinking that I need to drastically drop my calories for the week as nothing else works. Why has this happened and what the hell can I do about it? I really need to get my head in gear, and ideally I need to get 5lbs off asap as it's put me up and over into the next stone up.

sad

Thefitfatty Mon 21-Mar-16 09:26:35

When's AF due?

Whatdoidohelp Mon 21-Mar-16 09:30:30

How many cals do you have each day? Generally speaking you need about 1500 or less a day to lose weight. You say you didn't tho over 2000 on any day. You shouldn't be anywhere near 2000 on any day if you want to lose. How bad were you at the weekend?

AbelMancwitch Mon 21-Mar-16 09:35:03

I was eating aroud 1300 per day, but also exercising, and my bmr is 1600 cals.

I only had 2 meals a day at the weekend, and a bottle of wine. I relaxed on the tracking but I didn't go over 2000. And even if I'd had 3000 cals a day on Sat & Sun (which I didn't!) with a deficit of 3.5k I still shouldn't have put any on, should I? It's just not stacking up...

sad

AbelMancwitch Mon 21-Mar-16 09:36:18

(Am right in the middle of my cycle, just finished ovulating so can't blame that!)

Thefitfatty Mon 21-Mar-16 09:40:46

I would assume its water weight and not fat. I find if I've been dieting, and then relax on the weekend I bloat. But the bloat usually disappears after a few days of being good again.

AbelMancwitch Mon 21-Mar-16 09:44:13

Christ, I hope so. I wasn't going to weigh myself today and I wish I hadn't because it massively impacts my mood and motivation.

I'm now debating a week of low carbing as a kick start. Which is tough as a vegan but I need to do something!

ReggaeShark Mon 21-Mar-16 09:44:30

If I relax on the tracking it ALWAYS goes to pot (especially if I have a bottle wine. How many calories is that??)

Thefitfatty Mon 21-Mar-16 09:49:01

Is there a particular reason you need to lose the 5lbs quickly? The more quickly I try to lose weight, the more likely I am to stress and give up.

whatdoIget Mon 21-Mar-16 09:50:38

Apparently I've put on 5lbs since yesterday. I'm going to start by replacing the batteries in my scales and going from there!

AbelMancwitch Mon 21-Mar-16 09:52:25

I think it's just a psychological thing. I've been attempting to lose weight all year and it' s just not happening. But looking at a 4lb gain in 2 days is just hideous, I need to make that go away! sad

Mrsmulder Mon 21-Mar-16 09:53:55

I always bloat and put on water weight around ovulation. I then don't stop peeing and lose it again! Fx it's just that

Whatdoidohelp Mon 21-Mar-16 09:59:58

A bottle do wine can be around 750-1000 calories. Im guessing water weight from the booze has done this.

I think you should continue for a fortnight with no cheeting or relaxed days. See what happens. Good luck.

AuntieStella Mon 21-Mar-16 10:05:09

Calories in wine? In a lighter or white wine, about 550 per bottle. In red, could reach 650. But of course that doesn't allow for wine leading to nibbling....

The Drinkaware app has a (terrifying) 'conversion to burger' equivalency as well as number of calories.

Oh, and I checked (MFP) the number of calories in my Mothering Sunday chocolates, and it was around 1,800 so you might be a bit out on their impact.

But, on a more optimistic note, how long have you been tracking all this? Because a bit of water retention can add a couple of pounds and it's possible to always carry that in the second half of your cycle.

peasareevilcreatures Mon 21-Mar-16 11:12:14

I find weekend bloat has normally settled down by wednesday. Try weighing yourself in a couple of days. And drink lots of water in the meantime.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now